r

"i feel weird." 

i complained to one of my coworkers who i helped move into her new apartment. she dropped the last box and brushed her hands together. 

"why? because it's our day off?" she asked, out of breath in between the words. i nodded as a response while wiping the beads of sweat that formed on my forehead. 

"i have nothing else to do." 

she huffed and placed her hands on her hips. "oh don't be boring! you've got plenty of things to do. you have the mall, the park, library, museum— you can literally go anywhere." 

"i don't have the energy for that." i mumbled and glanced to see her glaring at my hesitant response. 

"maybe some other day." i added and she sighed, brushing the invisible dust from her pants. 

"or you could go with that handsome guy who kept on asking your whereabouts to us." she wiggled her eyebrows at the mention of him, clearly teasing me as i rolled my eyes at her. 

"he's clearly interested in you." she added. 

i shook my head and drank from the glass of water. "i'm not." 

"you sure?" she tried leaning forward, raising a brow with a teasing look. 

i furrowed my brows at her before setting the glass down. 

"yes." 

i was interested in him. 

but that was all in the past, considering that now we're both grown adults who are walking on our own paths. it just so happens that we coincidentally crossed paths again, but i'm sure we'll separate ways at the end. 

we were just two foolish teenagers who happened to be fooled by love, thinking that we actually matter to each other. when in fact, we barely know each other's life. 

"do you know him?" my coworker suddenly asked, noticing the silence that fell upon me as the rain started pouring outside again. 

i bit my bottom lip at the sudden question. 

tooru is just…

"he's just…" 

a boy that i met for a few days 6 years ago, and now i met him again, as a stranger. 

i sighed. "someone that i met a few days ago."