3🌺

The spirit fox groaned in pain as he slowly regained conciousness. He remembered the situation he was in and jolted up. He was about to run away but something was restraining him. He looked over at himself and found that he was bounded by water.

Though it was water it was hard for him to get out. The water makes him weak the more he struggles, it's like it's sucking his spiritual core.

"Now, now. We really just want to talk. The more you struggle, the more you'll be weak" Hoseok said as he approached the spirit fox.

"You! You cheater!" The spirit fox exclaimed.

Hoseok merely chuckled, "Of course, I'm the god of deceit after all. I gotta live out with my name. Now, you won't back out from your words right?" He said.

"Before we begin, I think you should tell us your courtesy name first. It would be disrespectful to always call you 'spirit fox' " he said as he smiled.

"It's not like we're close anyway" the spirit fox huffed and turned his head.

"Oh trust me, we'll be close sooner or later" Hoseok chuckled.

"And plus, you don't have a choice" he continued.

The spirit fox looked at him irritated. Just then Jungkook entered and looked at them.

"Did he talk yet?" He asked

"Nope. He did not" Hoseok answered.

"We're wasting time. Brother does not have enough time" he said

"I know. That's why I'm asking him now." Hoseok replied as he turned serious and faced the fox spirit.

"Talk" he said in all seriousness.

This actually creeped and scared the fox spirit. A minute ago he was smiling and joking now it looks like he's gonna kill something.

"Okay, okay" the spirit fox answered as he heaved a sigh.

"My courtesy name is Park Jimin, whatever you want to ask, go ahead" Jimin said.

Hoseok's smile returned as he asked, "Have you heard anything from the realm of phoenix"

Jimin stiffened, "Why are you asking about the phoenixes? Wait, you mentioned about your brother before. Who are you talking about?" He asked curiously.

"I think we'll be the one doing the questioning as you answer" Jungkook said.

"I'll answer once you answer mine" Jimin said with finality.

Hoseok sighed as he patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"It's our brother Namjoon. Unfortunately he caught a deadly virus called kolona. We were told that the elixir of life can cure him" Hoseok informed him

Jimin widened his eyes but regained his composure.

"Well, I'm sorry but I think you've got no choice but to let go of your brother. Because as far as I know the last of the phoenix died when one of your ancestors used him to cure the same damn illness" Jimin barked.

Hoseok furrowed his brows at the sudden reaction.

"I think you're not telling us the truth" he said as he bent down to look at Jimin.

Jimin gulped, "I'm telling you the truth. You can go and check the mountain of aera" he said defendingly.

Hoseok smirked as Jimin, for the nth time, widened his eyes. He realized what he just said and looked at Hoseok.

"Good. It was not that hard was it?" Hoseok said.

"But you know, since we don't know the way to the mountain of aera, why don't you join us in our journey?" he said as he picked Jimin up to his feet.

"And remember, no funny business or I'll kill you myself" he said dangerously. Jimin only nodded, he treasure his life after all.

Jungkook only watched as they again journeyed to another mountain.

They entered a run down mountain with no presence of living things. The trees are dried up and the air was mixed with dust.

"See, I told you nothing is here." Jimin said.

"Wait, I hear something" Jungkook said as he closed his eyes.

Blue like flames and water suddenly surrounded him as it spread and cleared all the dirty wind around. Now it was quiet and they can see the surroundings clearer.

"Over there" Jungkook said as he flew in one of the mountain caves.

Hoseok followed suit as he held Jimin.

They entered the dark cave, Jungkook unsheathed his sword which gave them a little light. They slowly and silently made their way deeper into the caves.

Suddenly a blue flame came at them. With Jungkook's quick response, a water barrier was already made in front of them. But something flew out once they were out of their guards.

Jungkook used one of his water vines to catch the birds wings. It caught the prey and slammed it down to the ground.

When they flew down, they saw a man trying his very best to get out of the water vines. It was naked as it only transformed of his human form. He had a blue long hair as well as blue and red tattoo's that run down from his toes to his leg. The tattoo was exquisite as it shows water and fire entangling each other.

It writhed out of the  water vine, but like Jimin it lost all energy and gave up.

Hoseok removed his outer robe and covered him with it. All the while, the water vine receeded but went to his hand restraining him.

"May we ask if you are the last phoenix?" Hoseok said.

The boy glared at him and said nothing. His eyes were the most beautiful thing, it's dark with white blotches like the constellations. Hoseok was amused by him and held his hand out to help him get uo.

"Sorry for the rough handling. My brother is not really fond of gentle gestures" he said as he smiled.

The man took his hand and stood up. Jungkook looked at his brother and Hoseok only chuckled.

"We are—" Hoseok was supposed to introduce them but he was interupted by a deep vpice coming from the man beside them.

"I know who you are" he spat.

"Your kind kill my kind to prolong your lives. You're already immortal, what do you need us for" he said.

Hoseok looked at him sympathetically.

"Look, we know that our forefathers were mean—" Hoseok replied

"Mean?! They are murderers. They hunted my family to obtain the elixir of life. That is why I am not backing out without a fight" he said as again blue flames emmitted from him.

Hoseok covered Jimin as Jungkook used the water spell to create a barrier. All the while, the phoenix escaped from the restraint. But even with the greatest fire, water will always put it out.

_______________
M.S.💙