Chapter 4

"Honey! I'm home!" I exclaim loudly, my voice sounding through my empty house.

I let out a slow and deep sigh. "Ah... Alone at last..." I say happily, sauntering over to the kitchen and opening up the freezer.

Frozen peas... Frozen corn... Frozen bread... Aha!

I grin as I whip out my hidden pint of mint chocolate chip icecream. Unfortunately, my grin turns into a frown as I feel the lightness of the bucket. Audibly gulping, I open the bucket, only to fall to my knees dramatically.

"Nooooooooo!" I exclaim, letting the empty pint fall from my hands. I pout as I hear someone banging on my front door.

"Tessa!" A muffled voice yells through the door. I hop up and sprint to the front door, whipping it open to find a frantic Will. "Tessa!" He exclaims, relief evident in his voice. Before I can process what is happening, large and strong arms wrap around my body, pulling me into a warm embrace. "Are you okay?" He asks me worriedly, pulling away to study my face.

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Um... Yea. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask him confused.

He let's me go and runs a hand through his messy dark hair. "I was on your porch when I heard you yell, and I thought that something was wrong." He tells me. Before I can speak, he cups my cheeks with his hands and examines my face. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem a little thinner than last week. Are those bags under your eyes? Did you get enough sleep last night? Why did you yell? Are you hur--"

"Will!" I exclaim, wrapping my hands around his wrists. His hands still cup my cheeks as he stop talking, leaving his mouth slightly parted. "I'm fine." I say, causing him to relax a little bit. "I just made a discovery that made me... Less than pleased." I say, pouting when I think about my lack of icecream.

His eyes flicker to my lips before meeting my gaze once more. I clear my throat at the sudden tension and take a step back, causing his hands to slide from my face.

"So uh..." He clears his voice when it comes out sounding very raspy. "So why were you yelling?" He asks me.

I let out a deep sigh as I pout and trudge back into the kitchen, Will on my tail.

"Did you close the front door?" I ask him when he sits down on the table.

He gives me am 'are-you-serious' look. "No, I left it open so that any random stranger can just come in and pet your cat." He deadpans at me.

I giggle, causing his face to light up. "We don't have a cat, you fudge bucket." I reply humerously.

He smirks at me. "Do you ever cuss?"

I shake my head. "Nope." I reply, popping the 'P'.

He chuckles and looks at me as I drop the empty ice cream container into the garbage can. "Interesting." He says, his eyes studying me.

I grow uncomfortable under his gaze and clap my hands, startling him. "So! What has brought you to Casa de Tessa?" I ask, plopping down in the seat across from him.

He rolls his eyes as he pats the backpack on the floor next to his seat. "I'm your tutor, remember? And you never told me why you were yelling."

I blush and laugh nervously. "Oh yea..." I say sheepishly. "And I was yelling... Because we are out of ice cream..." I admit, rubbing the back of my neck.

He shake his head and looks away with a smile before locking gazes with me, a glamorous grin on his lips.

Wow he has a nice smile.

"You should smile more, it looks nice on you." I blurt out, slapping a hand over my mouth and blushing.

Smooth, Tessa. Way to sound creepy there. Just tell him you watch him while he sleeps while your at it too, won't you?