Chapter 21: The Competition (Part 2)

So sorry for the late update! I'm super tired lately and have writers block. But I am trying my best!

Enjoy!

But first.....

NAME THE DOT LINE THINGS... DASHES! THEY ARE CALLED DASHES!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

++++++++++++++++++++

Have you ever felt an adrenaline rush?

Have you ever described an adrenaline rush?

Now, I am not speaking of just any adrenaline rush. No, I mean the adrenaline rush you get when you jump off of a thirty-foot cliff into water, or do a backflip for the first time, or run from a dog as fast as your feet can carry you. I speak of the adrenalin rush that doesn't stop your heart or speed it up, but the one that exhilarates your body as your heart skips just one, simple beat. I speak of the rush that heats your blood to the boiling point and makes you feel as if you could move mountains.

As soon as I dropped into the skating arena, all I felt was this pure adrenalin rush that made my heart drop to my stomach.

The sound of the crowds cheering faded away, and all that was left was the roll of my skateboards wheels and the drum of my heart. It pounded with excitement as I when up the side and held my board, doing a three-sixty before speeding back down.

I wasn't going easy. I wanted to win and I was going to be memorable.

Flying up to do the next trick, I easily did a double backflip before smoothly rolling back own the side.

Four more minutes, you can do this.

The wooden rink was as smooth as watered ice, making it easy for two things. One: more speed. Two: a more possible slip up.

I pushed the paranoid thoughts away, knowing that in order to do well, I would have to trust in myself. I would have to believe that I could do this.

I pushed my foot on the floor, causing myself to gain speed as I neared the bar that's would grind on. Doing a highly elevated Ollie, I used my feet and rode across the bar smoothly, earning a loud applause from the crowd. Once I was content with the amount of time I spent on it, I hopped off and moved to make my next trick.

After gaining speed and doing two three-sixties and one front flip whilst twisting, I prepared myself to do the Cloud Nine move that Jordan and I had been working on.

This is it. This trick will be the winning factor.

Feeling myself beginning to panic just the slightest bit, I thought back to something that my father told me as a child.

"Daddy! I'm scared to go down the side! What if I fall!?" I panicked, looking up at my father with wide, frightened eyes.

He chuckled as he crouched down, making himself as tall as my seven year-old frame. "Well, it's very possible that you will fall. But you can't let the fear of falling keep you from making the ride. Do you know why?" He asks, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Why?" I press on, wanting to know my fathers secret to skating success.

"Because it's even more possible that you will have the ride of your life."

Remembering my father's words, I steeled myself and pushed to gain speed for the final trick. I flew up the side of the rink, the adrenaline rush that I had rising to a whole new level.

With as much dedication as possible, I whipped my body around, spinning one way whilst doing three seriously dangerous side flips.

One...

Two...

I stopped ascending in the air as I did my final flip.

Three...

A giant grin spread on my face as I flew down the rink, feeling complete and utter joy in what I had done.

With the adrenaline wearing down as I rolled out of the skating course, the sound of the rambunctious and crazy crowd filled my ears. I looked around, smiling triumphantly at the other skaters--who looked at me like I was the second coming of Jesus.

I made eye contact with Will, and his open mouth and wide, stunned eyes made me grin even more.

I actually did it.

Now for the results...

++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++

Short chapter, but don't worry! I will put up the next chapter sometime in the next three days!

Adios!

Vote/Comment/Follow