The Age of Steel

*In the bag she has the knives and four small EMPs*

"Sorry do I know you?" The doppelganger asked, his eyes locked on the dagger in her hands.

"Hey psycho put the knife away otherwise you'll get a bullet in your head" Jake snaps at her and Alfie snatches one of Celeste's knives, pointing it at Jake.

"And you'll find yourself bleeding to death in a  moment if you threaten her again." Alfie audibly growls and the Doctor stares darkly at Jake before he turns to his girlfriend. 

"Hey love, listen to me" The Doctor gently takes Celeste's face in his hands and she pulls her eyes away from the doppelganger of her father. "It's not him, remember what I said to Rose?  This is not your world, he can't get you here" 

Tears gathered in her eyes and the Doctor pulled her into his chest, a look shared between the two Time Lords in the van whilst Samuel didn't move his eyes of the doppelganger. Even Rose had a look of sympathy on her face at the scene she just watched. 

"Watch your girl" Jake snaps again at the Doctor and the familiar look of the oncoming storm crept into his eyes.

"You should watch your mouth" The Doctor growled back, a muffled laugh erupting from Celeste. A small smile on the older Time Lord's face as he looked down at her.

"Sorry but what's happening?" Pete asked timidly after what just happened, he gulps when Alfie twirls the knife in his hand, the Time Lord's eyes flicking to Jake every few minutes.

"We have evidence that says you have been working for Lumic since twenty point five. And Lumic's just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left himself in charge." Jake informs everyone, Celeste just rolling her eyes, not that anyone could see as her face was still buried into the Doctor's warm chest.

"Is that true?" Rose asks, disbelief in her voice.

"Tell them, Mrs M." Ricky says with a glare thrown at Pete.

"We've got a government mole who feeds us information. Lumic's private files, his South American operations, the lot. Secret broadcasts twice a week." 

"Broadcast from Gemini?" Pete questions with a small smile.

"And how do you know that?" Rickey narrows his eyes at him, Rose frowning deeply whilst Samuel just strokes Celeste's hand.

"I'm Gemini. That's me."

Celeste spaces out from the ever increasing boring conversation and she inhales the Doctor's scent, a warm feeling spreading throughout her. She knew deep down that she also felt this with Alfie and guilt flooded her emotions. The Doctor winced as he felt guilt fill his mind, a part of him was ecstatic that the bond between him and Celeste was strengthening but he also knew he needed to tell her that she was bonded to both of the Time Lords.

"Hey Feisty....I need to talk to you when we get back home okay?" He whispers in her ear, his lips brushing against her skin causing shivers to run down her back.

"Okay" She whispers back and he kisses her head lovingly. 

Soon everyone piles out of the van and stare in shock at the zombie like citizens, Celeste stays away from her silent fathers doppelganger whilst the Doctor links their hands which calms her racing heart.

"What the hell?!" Jake gasps in shock.

"What's going on?" Rose asks, her nose scrunching up in confusion. The Doctor passes the sonic screwdriver to Alfie and he scans a nearby person.

"Not responsive, it's the ear-pods." Alfie confirms the Doctor's thoughts and Celeste twirls a knife in her hand with a frown.

"Look can you put the knives away, it's creepy" Ricky raises an eyebrow at Celeste and Mickey moves beside her protectively.

"Hey lay off her, she's not doing anything wrong or creepy" Mickey snaps and Samuel steps right up to Ricky.

"You're going to want to stop speaking to my best friend, otherwise I won't be responsible for my actions" Samuel growled very lowly, a small smile on the Doctor's face. 

"Or what?" Ricky sneers and Samuel grins eerily as his eyes turn midnight black.

"You'll find your organs separate from your body"

"Okay let's get back to the issue at hand" Pete interrupts, his eyes filled with fear as he looks at Samuel's still black eyes.

"It's the ear-pods. Lumic's taken control." The Doctor says, a small smile on his face from what just happened. He must admit that he enjoyed it very much when the demon joined the adventures, especially when he protects Feisty for him.

"Can't we just, I don't know, take them off?" Rose suggests, moving towards one of the people.

"Don't!" The Doctor pulls her back, letting go of Celeste who internally grumbles. "Cause a brainstorm. Human race. For such an intelligent lot, you aren't half susceptible. Give anyone a chance to take control and you submit. Sometimes I think you like it. Easy life."

"Hey, Come and see." Jake calls out and the group move to where he had an serious look on his face, Celeste thought he looked constipated. 

"Where are they all going?" 

"Hell" Celeste mutters as she glares at the Cybermen.

 "I don't know. Lumic must have a base of operations." The Doctor answers Rose's question with a frown on his face.

"Battersea. That's where he was building his prototypes." Pete tells them and Samuel starts playing with Celeste's fingers in boredom.

Why do you reckon he is doing it?" Alfie asks quietly, a frown also on his face.

Samuel pulls Celeste aside and she gives one last glance towards the others before going with her best friend.

"You realise what this leads to?" Samuel says softly, making sure not to say to much because of the Time Lord's advanced hearing.

"I do....I'm going to leave until that adventure, they need time to say goodbye. I can't stop it, it's too important an event." She tells him, Alfie and the Doctor sharing a look at what they are hearing. "I'll do what I can but I won't change it, I hope they understand."

"They will, you have a special bond with them. You can't change the timeline too drastically" Samuel pulls her into a hug and they both relax, not realising the stress they were both feeling.

"Hey you okay?" Alfie comes over, a worried look on his face. "The others have made a plan, Ricky is going with Micky whilst The Doctor is going with Mrs Moore."

"What about you? And Rose?" Samuel asks, still holding tightly onto his best friend. 

"I'm going to go with Jake and Rose is going with Pete." Alfie tells them, his eyes flicking to Celeste every few minutes.

"I'll going with Mickey, Sammie will go with The Doctor" Celeste said instantly, both best friends silently agreeing. 

Alfie nods and is about to go back to the others but he stops and looks at the pair with a serious expression.

"How bad is this one?" 

"It's the start of something that will kill too many" Samuel answers after a moment of silence.

"Crap."

A bit of a filler chapter, there will be more action in the next one :)