Part 1: Content

Cameras are set, lighting is good.. disco ball is- wait is the disco ball moving?
I turn off the light on my head and get up from the chair, steadying the disco ball and turning the light back on to make sure it's spinning. I look around again to make sure everything's good, and sit back down, going through the light's settings before it shuts off. I position the bluelight at a different angle, then I just sit there, pressing a button on a remote so the camera would count down.
3.. 2.. 1..
I take a deep breath before the camera's light turns on, then I put the microphone up to my mouth.

"If you'd have told me a year ago
That I'd be locked inside of my home
I would have told you, a year ago
'Interesting, now leave me alone'

Sorry that I look like a mess
I booked a haircut, but it got rescheduled
Robert's been a little depressed, no!
And so, today, I'm gonna try just

Getting up, sitting down, going back to work
Might not help, but still, it couldn't hurt
I'm sitting down, writing jokes, singing silly songs
I'm sorry I was gone

But look, I made you some content!" I turn the light on and look at the disco ball, which makes the light reflect onto the walls in a satisfying pattern.
"Daddy made you your-"

I drop the microphone and just burst out laughing. "Goddammit I'm so fucking immature." I tell myself, before getting up and turning off the camera. That's when I hear a knock at the door.

"Robert? You in here?" A familiar, nervous voice calls. "I uh- yeah-" I say, before a click comes from the door, I look at it and forget that the light on my head is on, so the woman I know as my girlfriend gets blinded by it. "Ow- ow-" I look down and turn off the light, slipping it off my head. "Sorry Lor." I say, putting it on the table. She blinks her eyes out, closing the door. "You've been in here all day, what are you doing?" She says, keeping her normal kind tone.

I think for a moment, "working." I mutter, walking over to the camera and looking at it, making sure the timer's still set.

"Should I be worried?" She starts.
"That's for you to decide." I answer, looking at the gadget I'm supposed to record with, only to avoid talking to her.

"Well what would you think?"
"Whatever you think."
"Bo, seriously, why do you have cameras?"
"I told you not to call me that many times, and it's nun-ya-business." I say, my tone getting more and more impatient as the conversation went on.

"Robert; you've been in here all day, you have a camera, a microphone, a speaker, and- is that a disco ball? Where did you get a-"

"The store, isn't that obvious?" I snap, clearly uncomfortable.

Lorene just stands there, looking around and thinking before a smile showed across her face. "Come on, you know I can already guess. Robert you've said you wouldn't make another show, yet you're sitting in the shed house in the start of what could possibly be a pandemic with cameras and lights, and I heard your singing from here, nice song by the way-"

"Okay yes, yeah. Thank you. I have to finish it however so is there any possible way you can go?" I say with a slower and more polite tone.

She just frowns and walks to the door. "Can you at least come out later today? Say hi to Bruce?" Lor asks with a hopeful tone to her voice. I feel bad, honestly seeing Bruce would be amazing. "He can say hi to me when he feels like it. I'm not leaving until I get this special done."

"..what?"

That made it awkward.

I click my tongue, now looking at the ground next to the camera. "Yep."

"You can't- how do you know how long it'll take? You know how dangerous-"

"Yes, I'll be fine. I'm gonna live. Now stop we're not actors; goddamn. You can visit me when you feel like it. Text me beforehand and I'll tell you if you can visit me or not. Bruce can be brought over as long as he's held the whole time he's in here and uh.. you can be the behind the scenes as much as you want." I say, getting up and facing Lorene.

"Expect a lot of text messages then." Lorene seems surprised, confused, mad and upset all at the same time. "Alright. Bye, love you." She says, in which I answer back with an "love ya too" before the door closes and I'm alone again.

I sigh, looking at the time. 9:00 pm. Guess not late enough for me to not try again.

Time for take 2.