Part 2: Inside

Something about Lor being next to me but out of the camera's view when I record makes me feel a lot more confident. Especially with the introduction to the special, that's the first time she brought Bruce.

I look at the camera again and move a few cords around, making sure everything is working. Meanwhile, Lorene is sitting in a wooden chair, holding Bruce who just looks like the little confused dog he is.

I reach over and pat his head before looking back at the camera. It's facing the same way I'm facing, in front of a mirror, which does it's job of reflecting the camera back to me. I make sure Lor and Bruce sit at the right side of the small house and away from my recording space, because the recording involves the camera moving to face the room I do most of my recording in.

I look at Lor who smiles and holds a thumbs-up, which makes me a bit more confident. I turn on the camera and look back at the mirror.

"Hiiii. Welcome to.. uh- whatever this is. Uhm.. I've been working for the last couple of months- testing this camera and testing lights, and writing.. and I've decided to uh, try to make a new special. For real. It's not gonna be a normal special, 'cause there's no audience and there's no crew. It's just me and my camera, and you and your screen! The way that- that our Lord intended. And the whole special will be filmed in this room," I turn the camera to the small room, away from Lor and Bruce. I turn it back to the mirror after a bit. "And instead of being filmed in a single night, it will be filmed in.. uh, however long it takes to finish. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope maybe this special could do for you what it's done for me, these last couple of months. Which is.. to distract me from- wanting to put a bullet in my head, with a gun- so, yeah. Thank you- and, a warning: I can already sort of tell that this special is going to be a little all over the place, so don't expect incredibly smooth transitions." I cut off the camera there. "Done."

"That was- a lot to take in." Lor says, looking at Bruce. I nod. "But on the bright side, that was pretty good- stumbled over my words a bit but other than that I said all I needed to say."

She hesitantly nods, before holding Bruce in a way intending on trying to give him to me. I grab Bruce and hold him to my chest, looking at the little "hideous" dog that meant the absolute world to me. I sigh and get up, carrying him over the small room to a seat where my laptop is. I look in my files and find the video I just took, since the camera is connected to the laptop because of a cord the memory that recording took was transferred to the laptop.

I rewatch what I just recorded, deciding that's probably the best I'm gonna get and that I'd lose motivation if I did it again. I add it to a new file I made when I first started the special, where four other files are:

"Content"

"Comedy"

"Title"

"Introduction 1"

I rename it "introduction 2" and nod, "we're doing good, Bruce." I look at him and smile as I see Lor approach. She inhales. "So... no dates or anything?" She asks, smiling back sheepishly. "Oh well.. I'll think about that one." I add.

"You know what I'm going to say? Everyday I enter this room?" Lorene says, strictly. "Another lecture?" I guess.

"In a way. First I will ask you if your okay, second I'll ask if you need anything, then I'll take a whole 45 minutes of your time trying to persuade you to stop making the special because it's not good for you. I will also bring things that you left in the house that could remind you of your time with me and again try to persuade you to leaving this room."

"If you take 45 minutes persuading me everyday then I'm never gonna end up leaving this ruhm."

Lorene laughed at the accent, "okay, maybe I'll just drag you out of the room myself." She said, grabbing the chair and rolling it towards the door. I get up and laugh, she just smirks and opens the door, letting the light in. "O W." I exclaim.

Lor smiles and closes the door. "Already not used to the light." She laughs. "It's just the morning, damn." I complain, meaning to sound like a 10 year old.

She chuckles a bit, before it's not funny anymore and there's no more to say. "So are you seriously going to stay here.."

"Don't start this please," I begin, before getting interrupted.

"Rob you literally left the house a thousand times to go film a movie with Emerald and now right after that you're locking yourself in a room making a whole special which could take YEARS. Don't you take at least 3 years to right a whole special?"

"Yes, but think about it, I'm doing it differently this time and it's so much easier." I begin, but she just frowns. "I'm not texting you before I check up on you."

"You might regret that."

"True."

We talk a bit, sitting on the couch in the corner of the room with Bruce laying between us. We decide that it's a safe decision that I come out of the room AT LEAST every month, just off camera. I'd rather stay in the room but whatever makes my girlfriend happy. 

She decides to leave when we're done talking. The 21st of every month, which is gonna be a real pain in the ass because she probably chose that because of my birthday. I say bye to Bruce and sigh when she's gone.

Time to get back to work.

I look at what's next, realizing that I don't have 20 songs on the list and only 19. I sit there and brainstorm other ideas for songs, completely out of ideas. That's when I get a notification from FaceTime.

"Birthgiver" is facetiming you!

---------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BO BURNHAM!!! THE MAN IS OFFICIALLY 31!

STARS ARE BLIND WAS ON LOOP WHILE I WROTE THIS

OK IM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING, WE'RE ALMOST TO 100TH TAG ON BO BURNHAM YESS

ALSO I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTER SCIENCE SO THE THINGS I WILL WRITE IN THIS STORY REGARDING COMPUTERS WILL PROBABLY NOT BE RIGHT, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ON SOMETHING!

IM GONNA GO REWATCH PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN GOODBYE

(1126 words)