two

Riley's POV ( finally!)

" Riley! Breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom yell from the bottom of the stairs. I groaned as I pulled the covers to the side. I grabbed my phone as I stepped into my bathroom, it was a blessing have one that was connected to my bedroom, especially since I have 3 sisters. I looked at the date,

" June 30th. Liv comes home today!" I thought to myself as I put my toothbrush in my mouth.

That gave me some relief. Ever since school ended I had just been waiting for camp to start, which was tomorrow and I was very happy to be going with Marissa and Olivia. I came down the stairs in my pajamas to see my family all dressed and ready for something that I obviously had no idea of.

" Oh hey buddy, forgot to tell you that your mom, sisters, and I are gonna be gone today, you'll be okay alone right?" My dad said as he grabbed a handful of bacon.

" Sure." I said with a hint of fake enthusiasm.

I sat down at the table and turned towards the TV. I was slowly scraping eggs off the plate when I saw my school on the news.

" Hey, can someone turn this up?" I said. No one moved a muscle. I went up to the volume button and pressed it a couple times, trying to make it loud enough to get their attention.

" Welcome back, I'm here at Kingswood High this morning. While students are out for the summer, that doesn't make their achievements wash away. This most recent school year, Junior Riley Adams, who was named captain of the basketball team his freshman year, led the state in all stats! Hopefully his senior year will be even bigger and better! Go Knights!" The woman said as she stood in front of my school. A video montage of me playing basketball appeared on screen for a few seconds. I looked back at my family who still didn't notice anything.

" Riles, do you think Marissa or Olivia could drive you up to camp tomorrow? Your sister needs to use your car." My mom said without looking up from her phone.

" Yeah." I sighed.

" We sure will miss you, bud." My dad said.

I walked back upstairs and got into some shorts and an old T-shirt. Grabbing my basketball I walked out the door and walked across the road to the court. There was one boy there, which was really unusual this early and just in Winslow in general. I walked u, put my AirPods and began shooting. I was in my moment whenever I felt a ball hit my leg. I turned around and kicked the ball back. I was just about to turn around when I saw him walking towards me.

" Sorry to bother you, but are you Riley Adams?" He asked. He was pretty tall and had brown curly hair.

" Yeah, that's me, why do you ask?" I said wiping sweat off my forehead.

" Oh- I just saw you on the news like this morning. You're really good." He said nervously.

" Oh, well thank you." I said smiling. It felt good to have someone praise me on my talent.

" So, what's your name?" I asked him.

" Uh- Jack Mann." He said picking his basketball back up.

" Okay, Jack Mann, Did you just move here?"

" No, actually my sister and I are only staying here for the summer. We're going to some camp tomorrow."

" Some camp? Yeah so am I, and pretty much every kid in this city." I laughed.

" Really? I didn't think is was that popular. It looked kind of run down from the pictures on the website."

" It's not that popular. You'll see. Well, Jack Mann, I gotta go. But it was good meeting you, and I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I smiled and waved. I looked at my phone and saw Liv had texted me and said she was home.