39

Paul's POV

I almost cried in front of Juliana's mother, she told me she was here for me. If I needed a mother figure she would step up and be there for me. Juliana was doing much better now and we were on our way to the pack house. It was her mother's one request to meet them all including elders.

Do you like my mother? Juliana asked as we drove. We picked up Billy on the way and he sat in the backseat with her Mom.

Yes, she almost made me cry from what she said. I haven't had a mother figure in almost a decade. I admitted.

My Dad also loves you and is here for you, I'm here for you. Juliana said. I smiled and took her hand and rested our joined hands on her center console.

I love you so much. I said softly.

As I love you. She replied. I pulled up to Emily's house and got out to help Billy out.

I wheeled him inside as Juliana and her Mom trailed behind me. Emily was in the kitchen and everyone else was sitting at the table. I wheeled Billy between Sue and Old Quil.

"You look alive." Jacob commented. I whacked the back of his head causing me to get a scolding from Juliana's mother.

"How are you feeling?" Emily asked hugging Juliana.

"Just sore." Juliana said softly.

"My name is Miranda I'm Juliana's mother, you have a wonderful home." Juliana mother said nodding politely to Emily.

"Oh! Uh thank you." Emily replied smiling.

"It's an honor to have the Queen here, please sit." Sam said being respectful. It was hard because he had Jared, Embry, Jacob, and Quil's immature asses here.

"Your food was really good!" Seth chimed in as she sat next to me on my right. Juliana sat on my left and Emily brought out cookies.

"The faes constantly work hard, I will pass along the comment thank you." Juliana's mom said. Seth beamed at her and she smiled politely back.

"He's our youngest." Leah said glaring at him.

"It's quite alright, I asked Paul for you all to come because I wanted to meet you all. You all are spoken highly by Juliana and Paul, I regret not having having time to speak to you on Saturday." Her mother explained.

"You had lots of people it's alright." Sam said.

"Aw you talk about us." Embry teased. Emily looked horrified and someone kicked him under the table. I saw Leahs smug smirk and I had the answer who did it.

"Yes they speak very fondly of you all, and you all played a big factor in their decision." Juliana's mother said.

"What decision?" Jared asked shoving a cookie in his mouth.

"Wether to take the throne or stay here and walk away." Billy said.

"That's stupid, I would say yes on the spot." Jared said.

"Being Queen of the supernatural is a lot of pressure. Paul doesn't have a title until they marry, he is still apart of the High Council." Her mother explained.

"Damn your higher ranked than Sam." Embry commented.

"Technically she always has been." Sam corrected.

"She's technically the Princess despite the decision." Her mother said.

"I love you sweetheart but you would be a fool not to take this." Billy said to Juliana.

"We are, that's another reason why you are all here." Juliana admitted.

"Could you bring those yummy rolls?" Seth asked softly.

"You are all always welcome, and Paul has to finish high school still. Just because Juliana has accepted does not mean anything. You are all their family and all family is welcome, and Sam whenever you need them you call. There is no questions asked, if you need the numbers they can go." Her mother explained.

"Why does he need a diploma to be King? Won't make him any smarter." Jared asked.

"Academics is very important to me, so he has to finish high school before any plans are made for Juliana's coronation." Her mother said.

"Does Bella know?" Jacob asked.

"Heavens no, she doesn't know my title. Only Charlie knows, and no human other than the ones at this table can know. Except there's one someone has an imprint, Kim?" Her mother said.

"Kim's my imprint." Jared spoke up.

"She's okay to know, she is on the invite list." Her mother said.

"I'll have Jules tell her, it's not really my place. She has a general idea because she's been around." Jared replied.

"It's okay." Juliana said softly. Jared nodded before eating another cookie.

"We also have one more thing." Her mother admitted.

"Huh?" Juliana asked.

"Hugo's out for blood, what leech hurt her?" Her mother asked.

"Her name is Victoria, she's been tooling with us for months now. She always manages to slip right past us, she jumps off cliffs and goes on the other side of the treaty line. She has bright red hair that's curly, you can't miss her." Sam explained.

"Wonderful, thank you." Her mother said.

"Excuse me for a second." Juliana said excusing herself and heading upstairs.

"I'll go check on her to make sure she's okay." I said following after her. I knocked on the bathroom door and slowly opened it.

"I'm fine, just need a minute." She said sighing.

"I'm here." I replied closing the door behind me. She nodded and folded her arms on the counter and bent over. I pushed her dress up and gently rubbed her hip and she sighed softly.

"It's fine just sore." She admitted.

"Are you okay? Like all aspects not your hip." I asked.

"I think so, I'm not too sure. I'm happy about them knowing the decision, they're all happy about it. I love it here but I love it up in Canada. I could see our future on the balcony, I loved what I saw. I just still feel selfish wanting it." She explained.

"It's not selfish, I'll tell you a thousand times. Your birth right was the throne baby girl, it's not selfish. I promise you I'll be the first one to tell you when you act selfish. This is not that time, stop worrying about everyone else and reach for your happiness. It's so close and you can have it, just believe in yourself." I whispered. She sighed and nodded and we slipped into silence together.