5 - "Whipped"

3rd Person Omniscient

WARNING: SOME SPOILERS FOR THE ARCHON QUEST OF 'We Will Be Reunited'!!!

As soon as Venti sang the first line, Aether was shocked at his vocal abilities. He knew it would be impressive, since Venti was a music student, but he didn't expect it to be that impressive.

Venti continued singing, plucking the strings on his ukulele.

"The two were immortal beings, and used their power to travel through many worlds together, though when reaching Teyvat, they found themselves seperated, and the brother shed tears of abhor.

The brother met a young floating person, who showed him this new world, and with a goal of looking for his sister, he stepped forward to explore.

From the windful city of Mondstadt to the contracted city of Liyue, the brother searched, but his efforts were fruitless as he constantly fought against the evils that lurked."

Aether listened deeply- wondering if this was truly a real story from 5000 years ago. He'd ask Venti about the details when the song was over.

"A man from a fallen nation showed the boy the way to his sister, however, the sister was not happy to see her brother, and was quick to disappear.

The sister had said that the boy hadn't known the truths of the world as she does, and told him to learn. The brother listened, and set out the truths of this world to discern.

And now he ventures to the visionless land of Inazuma to continue his hunt for the truth, though he doesn't know if what he'll find can help his quest improve."

Venti ended the song, and bowed slightly, laughing a bit when Aether clapped.

"Wait so, this really is a true story?" Venti nodded at Aether's question, and Aether stared dumbfoundedly, "Then... the 'evils that lurked' that were mentioned in the song...what happened to them? Where are they now? And...how did this traveler fight them?"

Aether almost began muttering as he thought aloud, Venti trying his best to answer his questions to the best of his knowledge.

"Well, the evildoers that used to exist died with the gods...and with celestia itself....celestia was a divine floating nation, where mere humans could ascend, and where the gods- the archons existed. It fell on Mondstadt after La Signora, an evil Fatui Harbinger, stole each archons' respective gnosis, thus throwing off the balance of the universe. She even betrayed her own archon which she followed for so long..."

(A/N this is nowhere near canon (obviously), i just think it's a cool thought.)

"Wait wait wait, what do you mean by celestia fell?" Aether asked cautiously.

"When La Signora ripped the Cryo Archon's gnosis from her person, the world stopped. It is described as to have felt like time stopped as a whole. Clocks stopped working, the sky became grey, and it was like a never ending storm..."

Venti looked off into the direction of Mondstadt before continuing, "the storm got so bad that the people of Mondstadt had no time to prepare before celestia came crashing down right on the Church of Favonious..."

Aether gasped, though he was curious on how everything got fixed.

"You must be curious on how it got fixed, yes?" Venti asked, as if reading Aether's mind, "the brave traveler and his equally brave sister reunited to defeat La Signora, and took her down. After doing so, they returned the gods' rrespective gnosises, however, the archons refused to take them back."