10 -"...just give him time...he'll come around"

3rd Person Omniscient

When Aether woke up, he immediately noticed three things:

1) his shoulders and back felt like they had be clawed by angry cats

2) he didn't recognize where he was

3) he wasn't alone

Aether realized he wasn't alone when he realized that whatever he was clinging onto was breathing, and looked exactly like-

oh no.

Aether realized that a naked Venti was sound asleep in his arms, and started freaking out.

The last thing I remember is going to the sorority house... Aether thought, trying to ignore the pounding headache he has.

Venti shifted in his sleep, and Aether held his breath- he didn't wanna wake him up....that would just be awkward...not that it wouldn't be awkward either way.

Aether let go of his breath when Venti only moved to turn around and throw his arm across Aether's chest, and begun thinking of how he's going to leave.

The first thing he did was attempt to find his phone without moving Venti too much- which he successfully did.

He opened his phone and had been spammed by Lumine, Bennett, and Xiangling.

He opened Lumine's messages after checking the time- it was 11:48 am.

Lumine😒 (10:40 pm)
Where are you? I'm trying to find you but it's hard to see through the people

(12:16 am)
This isn't funny, Aether. I heard them chanting your name upstairs, I need to tell you something exciting so come here! I'm near the drinks!

(1:05 am)
I just saw you leave with Venti...let me know when you get back to your dorm okay? You seemed drunk as hell, so I'm hoping at least Venti is sober enough to see this/text me?

(1:39 am)
I'm leaving the party now. you've officially worried me

(2:03 am)
please be okay, Aether...if you don't answer in 24 hours I'm sending bitches after your ass

Aether decided to text her back to cease her worries.

Hey, Lumine. I'm okay. I'm with Venti, and I'll explain everything later

Not even bothering to see her reply yet, Aether opened the messages from Bennett.

Benny! (1:50 am)
Why didn't you come back to the dorm? Lumine said she saw you leave already. Everyone's worried about you.

Aether decided to text him back.

I ended up in someone else's dorm last night, Bennett...I'll explain when I get back

Benny! (11:03 am)
Ok! I'm glad you're safe, Aether

A heart warming reply.

Before Aether could open Xiangling's messages, he heard a groan from Venti, and felt him put his head on his shoulder. He looked over, and Venti had slightly opened his eyes, too drowsy to understand the situation.

But when he did realize, his eyes went wide, and he jumped back, covering himself with the blanket.

Nobody said anything, they could only stare at each other, both coming to the realization of what happened last night. The marks covering both of their bodies, along with Venti's soreness and Aether's claw stings, pretty much confirmed it.