Jesse's POV
I say "I'm going home, I'm going to bust this drug dealer at this bar tonight" and the Deputy nods at me saying "where's pretty boy?" I say "went home to get ready, he's shadowing me tonight just so I can show him the ropes and I'm doing other small things this week so he's ready for Saturday" and the Deputy nods saying "that's great" and I leave to go get ready. I go home, put on a grey long sleeve button up and I roll the sleeves, unbutton the top couple buttons, put some black jeans on and I put a loaded glock nineteen in my back waistband, make sure my shirt is pulled down and I'm good. I smile saying "perfect" putting my phone in my pocket and I go to pick up Brynn for our fake date. I knock on the door and he answers saying "ready when you are" and I offer him my hand saying "you ready?" He says "yup" nodding and taking my hand and I say "for this one it's get in and get out, once we find the guy, I'll make a phone call and once the police get there, were done and we get paid." He says "I'm getting paid for this? Hell yeah" and I say "you probably will" and we chuckle and we get there and I say "rule one, you always want your back to a corner when you're scoping out places, you want to see as much of the place as possible. This is the guy" handing him the drug dealers mugshot and I say "we don't even have to make contact but if he starts to leave, I'll have to get in there unless you want to flirt with him or something, ok?" We chuckle and he says "he's kind of cute, I could do it" and I chuckle saying "if worst comes to worst, I'll let you have at it" and he says "that's fun." We chuckle and we go in and we find seat on the back wall where we can see everything, he sits about a foot away from me, turned to me slightly to look at me and I say "this is your first job, how fun" and we chuckle. I say "do you want anything?" He says "surprise me, I'm not picky" biting his lip and I go up to the bar saying "two whiskey on the rocks" and the bartender says "you got it" nodding and handing them to me seconds later, I pay her, give her a good tip and I go back. I say "have you found him yet?" He says "nope" and I take a scan of the room as I put the drinks down and he says "still nope" and we chuckle. I say "cheers" and he says "cheers" softly clinking our glasses together and we both take a sip and I say "now we wait" shrugging. He says "so" and I say "so" and we chuckle and we hang out, slowly sipping whiskey away as we watch for this guy. By the time this place really starts picking up, he walks in and I say "keep an eye on him for me" and Brynn says "ok" quietly and I pull my phone out and I call the Deputy's office and he says "hello?" I say "found your guy" and he says "were sending people out now with a warrant" and I say "perfect" and we hang up. Every fifteen minutes someone will sit at his table in the opposite corner of the bar and I say "I've been on this guys case forever and I finally got him" and Brynn says "how long?" I say "maybe a couple years cause we heard he started selling again as soon as he got out of jail after his probation after he got out of jail but I haven't been able to find him since then. I've been at this job for a while now but he is normally a ghost story" and Brynn says "right place right time, right?" I say "true true, who would've thought one of the only drug dealers in town would deal in the middle of the bar" rolling my eyes. I mumble "how idiotic" and we chuckle and a couple officers come in and tell him they have a warrant for his arrest as soon as he finishes a deal. They take him away in handcuffs saying his Miranda rights as they leave and I say "well, that was your first mission, it was an easy one that you really didn't have to do anything for but here we are." We chuckle and he says "it was good, I liked it" and I say "good" nodding and we hang out so our cover isn't blown to the public and I go to drop him off and I say "tomorrow?" He says "tomorrow, yup" and I nod at him and I take the gun out of my back waistband, putting it in the passenger seat and I leave, going back to my house.
The next day
I wake up, I shower, get dressed and I go to Starbucks. Lee says "first round of coffee, the usual?" I say "yup" nodding and he says "how was your date last night?" I say "damnit, you guys are friends aren't you?" He says "yes, sir, friends since freshman year of high school" handing me my coffee and I say "thank you, it went well" and he says "that's good" smiling. I say "I'll be back in a few hours for more" and he chuckles saying "I'll see you then" nodding and I leave to go to work. I find Brynn talking to Jamie and they're talking like old friends and I smile and I nod at Jamie and I go to my office after talking a look at Brynn. He's beautiful. He has his long hair pulled back in a messy bun, pieces of hair purposely pulled out to frame his face, oversized sweater, sleeves pulled over his palms, skinny jeans and glasses. He kills me.