5

A.N. *laughs nervously* well....im back. Speaking of I have a new Alex book called this is me trying if you're interested.
~•~

"Cause she and she is her. And her and she are love. And I have never felt the difference." -Alanis' Interlude by Halsey, Alanis Morissette

Kaiya raised an eyebrow at the upscale bar Hope had ushered her into.

The interior looked so expensive, she was hesitant to touch anything. Did she have grass stains on her knees? Clumps of dirt in the treads of her shoes? Of course, the answer to these questions was a resounding 'No', as she had showered and changed into decent clothing before Hope had barged into her room.

Hope only shrugged at the look on the shorter woman's face, "It was the best I could do on such short notice. I'm normally not this spontaneous."

Kaiya gave a soft, amused smile. She could be seeing things, but she thinks she might be witnessing a nervous Hope Solo. Something she wasn't sure she had actually ever seen before.

"It's ok. I like it. You managed to find the one place in my hometown that I've never been so congratulations."

Hope smirked in triumph,"Would it be unattractive to pat myself on the back?" She raised a hand threateningly.

"Yes. Highly unattractive." Kaiya scrunched her nose up in obvious distaste with the thought.

Hope pouted, and her hand fell limply, "Damn. Well, just know I'm doing it in my head."

Kaiya laughed softly, following Hope to the cherrywood bartop, "Since when do you tell jokes?"

"I wasn't joking..."

Kaiya stopped laughing, "So you mean to tell me that you were actually going to pat yourself on the back as a grown woman, in public?"

"Well, when you put it like that I can see how the idea would be unappealing."

"Oh no."

"What? Something wrong?"

"You're a giant dork."

Hope frowned, "I resent that."

"No one is going to believe me when I tell them about this later." Kaiya mumbled under her breath.

"Can this dork buy you a drink?"

Kaiya nodded with a smile, lucky for Hope, Kaiya was into the whole dork thing. She already got it in spades with Alex, who had been adorably dorky since the day they met.

She had thought Hope would be different, and she was to an extent. She still wasn't as dorky as Alex, but it was clear she would be having her moments where she just couldn't help it.

"One vodka cranberry and a whisky sour, please."

The bartender nodded in kind. He rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt and got started on the drinks.

"How'd you know I like vodka cranberries?" Kaiya asked with an unseen blush to her cheeks.

Hope's borderline overconfident smirk was back, which meant no more Dork Solo for at least another half hour.