Chapter 5

~A discussion~

.

.

.

.

.

So far the academy has been everything I've dreamed of. It's been peaceful and quiet. Sure I do have to study but other than that, I'm living the dream. I'm away from the front line and I have tasty meals. Not some smashed-up food that you add water on.

I also get sleep in a warm and comfy bed. Also, I'm treated like royalty here since I'm the only one who earned a medal from the front lines. This is a dream I never want to wake up from. But even though I haven't been on the front lines for months I still can smell gun powder and blood.

I shake my head and started to head to the academy. I did get weird looks since I am a child having a riffle on my back but I just ignored it. But even though my life has been great at this point but I have been having weird dreams.

The weird dreams are memories from my past life. I remember my family and childhood friends. And what happened to my past self when I went to school. It's so different from the life I have now. I remember using the technology I had in my past life.

I sigh. It's been a real pain learning English. In my past life, I did take English in elementary school that kind of helped but English, but it is still hard to learn. But since there is a library here at the academy I've been studying the language.

-

Once class ended and break began I started to head to the library. I needed to study to keep up my perfect scores on my tests. Since I've been in the library often I go straight to a section I know will defiantly have the book I need. I was scanning the books with my eyes until my eyes landed on the one I needed. I smile from not wasting that much time in the library and reach out for the book.

My smile disappears when I realized I was too short to get it. I groaned and go on my tippy toes and desperately tried to reach out to the book I needed. I then see a hand grab the book I tried to get so I then turned my head at the person to see an old man standing next to me reading the cover.

"Ah, you're reading about Hannibal's tactics during the Battle of Cannae? You've chosen quite a worthy topic to study." He said while I stared at him.

"Huh," Was all that came out of my mouth. My eyes landed on his chest where there was a ribbon the represent that he is very important.

I gasp at that and my hand automatically went to my head to salute him. "I'm so sorry, General, please forgive me. I'm Gon Freecss, a student here. First Lieutenant mage for the glorious Imperial army." I said straightening my posture.

"At ease Lieutenant. I'm Strategy and Operations Vice Director Zettour." He said then handed me the book I was previously trying to get.

A strategy director is a huge deal here in the rear echelons. In the business world, he'd be some kind of executive!

"It's a true honor to meet you, Vice Director," I said looking up from my book.

"I've heard a few stories about your exploits at the Rhine Theater. You've accomplished much for being so young. " He said.

"Uh. I don't know what to say except for thank you." I said.

"If you aren't busy, why don't you come to my office so we can speak further?" He asked.

"Sir! It would be a pleasure!" I said while doing a salute again. He then walked past me and then I followed him with a smirk. This is the chance of a lifetime to impress the top brass. Guess it was worth spending so much time in the library. After a bit, we walked into his office. He then walked to his desk and faced his body towards the window. He was just looking out and he said," Please, be seated."