A New Year

Mona's POV

I woke up realizing that today was the beginning of senior year high school. I mean...junior year was a breeze but who knows what will happen in my last year of high school....I quickly got out of my bed, ignoring my messy bed - Like who makes their bed anyway..? I changed into my uniform, brushed my teeth, did my hair, put on a little bit of makeup and done~! I wonder who will be in my class this year...maybe Fischl! I was always a good student so maybe the teachers will assign me in a class with my best friend!

But anyway, I walked down the stairs to notice my mom gone...but a note was on the kitchen table? I went to the kitchen to grab a piece of toast and smeared some butter on it - then sat down and read the note.

Dear Mona, 

I'm sorry to leave you all of a sudden! Something came up at work and I won't be back for a month. I will also be having more business trips too, so I will rarely be home! I left a good sum of cash in my room. Spend it well. 

And there's food in the fridge, you won't have to spend lots of money on groceries this month. 

I'm sorry to leave you once again. But you're almost a young adult, you can live on your own! Mom's rooting for you! 👍

With love, Mom.

Great. I don't know if I'll even survive without anyone to take care of me! Maybe I'll just stay at Fischl's house....

Though I don't want to be a burden for her. 

I checked the clock and realized it was 8:44 and class starts at 9:00 am ! I rushed out of the house eating my toast -- oh god, was I going to be late on the first day of school? If I had to walk from my house to school, that would be 10 minutes! And I don't even have my license yet to drive!

At last...I made it to school with a few minutes to spare until homeroom starts. I began to make my way up the stairs to room....hm...forty-five! The sliding door opened and most students were already in their seats already. I looked around and Fischl was next to where I was gonna sit! 

"Hm? Mona! Do come here."

I smiled and headed her direction.

I placed my bag down and sat down.

"So what'd you do over break, Mona?" Fischl asked.

"I did nothing special. I practiced my astrology and read often. What did you do?" I said. 

"Nothing special~ I went to the pool often and I got a pet Raven..." Fischl's voice just trailed off...

It's not that I'm not interested in what Fischl's talking about...I just felt....tired..?..

"Class, if you may stop talking - I would like to introduce you to the new students." Zhongli-Sensei announced.

Third Person POV

Three students walked into the classroom. Two boys and one girl. One boy was taller than the other two students, but the girl was very tall in height as well. As for the other one...he doesn't come close. Mona was surprised at how beautiful the girl was...