➪𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗.

songs for this chapter

the flower garden by joe hisaishi
lit by kensuke ushio

♡︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎♡︎

the queen pointed to the guard who had caught georges eye and signaled him over. he quickly made his way over and bowed to her.

"yes, your majesty?"

"pfft, no need for the formalities, please stand." and so the man stood. "i need you to go to the castle gardens, please, to keep my son company and make sure he is safe and out of harms way. you have demonstrated this once today, and i am forever grateful. i dont know what i would do if i lost yet another of those dear to me." she smiled sadly at the boy, and he returned hers with a smile of sympathy and understanding.

"i will protect him, my queen. now please excuse me, as i will go to the gardens."

"you are dismissed." so the guard left to the gardens.

when he got there, he saw the prince immediately. he walked over to him and silently watched as the prince played with the petals of flowers. he watched for a minute before making his presence known by sitting next to george.

george was startled for a second, before calming upon the sight of the guard.

"why are you here?" george cringed at his tone, as it sounded more rude than he meant.

"your queen asked me to protect you and keep you conpany, my prince."

"hm, okay. what is your name?" george turned back to the flower petals and fiddled with them softy.

"my name is dream, my prince."

"dream? what an odd name, but quite fitting in a way. please, call me george. no need to worry about formality here. no one is around."

"alright, george." george flushed at the way his name rolled off of dreams tongue with ease.

dream had a very paradox*-like voice. it was soft, yet rough, quiet yet loud, thats why george liked it. even though there were so many contradictory factors, it all flowed together in a beautiful melody.

"so, dream. why did you stand up for my mother and i? all of the other guards were scared to the bone..."

"because, its my duty to protect the royal family, and i couldnt let the prince pass before he got to become king." dream smiled his brilliant smile down at george, who basked in the rays.

"oh, okay. that makes sense. well, thank you. i was very scared there to be honest. sure, i know how to fight, but it had to be tonight when my sword was at the blacksmith." george huffed in annoyance.

"hey, its okay. at least its being sharpened." dream hesitantly patted georges back in comfort.

"yeah, i guess youre right. have you ever thought of being a therapist? youre very helpful and calming." george and dream laughed at this together.

as their laughed filled the air, georges mother watched the two from the balcony, her personal maid by her side.

"my queen? is that the prince with dream?" iris, the queens maid, asked quietly but loud enough for only her to hear.

"is that his name? well, my little helper, dont tell anyone, but i think that is georges new groom. hehe i saw the eye contact and heart eyes for one another."

"my queen! i hope you arent trying to force this relationship... but i will say it is quite cute indeed." iris covered her mouth while she laughed with the queen.

but back to our boys...

"dream! you cant say that!" george was laughing at quiet as possible while covering dreams mouth with his hand.

dream started wheezing, making george laugh harder, which in turn, made dream wheeze even more. it was a never-ending cycle of laughs. when their laughs came to an end, george decided to ask something.

"hey dream? would you like to accompany me to the village tomorrow? i wanted to visit nikis bakery."

"of course ill join you."