➪𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚍.

♡︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎♡︎

george and dream walked for about three minutes before reaching a rather large pond with many ducks resting upon the water. lily pads held beautifully bloomed lotus flowers on them, which the bees had landed on. the fish mindlessly swam about, not having a single care in the world.

"wow, i never realized how much i missed this place... i used to come here every week, at least once, and feed the animals." george spoke as he grabbed the bread loaf to feed the ducks, taking a piece and pulling off bits to throw to the ducks.

"its very pretty." dream grabbed his own slice and held it for the duck to eat out of his hand.

george watched in awe as the ducks came to dream like he was one of their own. dream was like one of those princesses in the fairytales where all of the animals would come to them like they long time friends. george giggled at this thought, before looking at dream again. george stopped laughing for a second though, seeing as dream now had many ducks cuddled up to him. some lay on his lap, one somehow rested on his shoulder, and the rest lay around his body.

"wow, you are truly a fairytale princess..." george started laughing at dream, who glared at the prince.

"it happens every time an animal sees me... i guess animals just love me too much."

george sat next to dream and smiled kindly. the fact was, only two animals had been like this with george, being his own cat and dog. unfortunately, his cat had passed on a while ago, and he became a bit depressed after. he eventually got over it and found a stray dog near the castle gates, took her in, and never told anyone. well, besides his mother, for obvious reasons.

[honestly, i dont remember if george told us his dogs name, so i wont be officially saying a name, kinda like the queen... but his cat was named luca correct?]

"george? you alright?" dreams voice brought george out of his thoughts.

"yeah, sorry. i was just thinking." george smiled as dream nodded in recognition.

"hey, george? i was wondering..." dream sighed as he looked down at the duck he was petting. "when are you going to become king?"

"oh, well it depends... either when i find a partner to rule with me, or when my mother passes. im hoping the first happens, well, first. i dont know if i rule after the loss of my mother..." george looked down at the thought of his mother passing. his mother was the only one who really understood him fully, but dream was getting there, george could feel it.

"yeah, that makes sense... but im sure youll find someone." dream moved all the ducks away gently before scooting over and hugging george comfortingly. george leaned into the touch and hugged back.

"my mother was the only one there for me when i needed help, and still is... well you are here too, and i hope you will be for the rest of my life. but growing up, whenever i was hurt, struggling with anything, or was crying because i got in trouble by my father, my mother always helped cheer me up. she is my safe space." the prince looked up at dream, who was looking down at him, and smiled. "maybe you too can be my safe space. i hope i can be yours as well."

"you already are, my prince."

dream and george locked eyes and gradually leaned forward, looking to each others lips once or twice. george closed his eyes as he closed to gap. dream kissed back almost immediately, making their lips dance gracefully with one another. it was full of passion and romance, no sexual desire was there in the moment. the bliss lasted quite a while, before both parted for air. they smiled and went in once more, dream falling onto the grass as george kissed from above. george could help but smile into the kiss, and it made dream smile too. they broke the kiss once more, now just gazing into their eyes.

the prince sighed happily and lay his head on dreams chest, and for the rest of the day, they talked as they looked at the sky gradually be filled with clouds to filling with stars. both men were happier than ever, but as we all know, happiness isnt eternal. there is always someone in the shadows, watching, waiting, for that perfect opportunity to pounce and end that bliss...

♡︎end of♡︎
☁︎︎act one☁︎︎