Chapter 6 - The Lady in Pink (Part 5)

MRS. HUDSON: Oh, Sherlock. The mess you've made.

She goes into the kitchen and starts tidying up, and John walks over to one of the two armchairs, plumps up a cushion on the chair and then drops heavily down into it. He looks across to Sherlock who is still tidying up a little.

"Look at him! He's too adorable John!" Mrs.Hudson exclaims loudly at John.

"Yes, yes Mrs.Hudson..."

JOHN: I looked you up on the internet last night.

SHERLOCK (turning around to him): Anything interesting?

JOHN: Found your website, The Science of Deduction.

SHERLOCK (smiling proudly): What did you think?

John throws him a "you have got to be kidding me" type of look. Sherlock looks hurt.

JOHN: You said you could identify a software designer by his tie and an airline pilot by his left thumb.

SHERLOCK: Yes; and I can read your military career in your face and your leg, and your brother's drinking habits in your mobile phone.

JOHN: How?

Sherlock smiles and turns away. Mrs. Hudson comes out of the kitchen reading the newspaper.

"Seriously Sherlock, how do you do that? It's amazing!"

John looks to Sherlock with such pride.

"The way this story is playing out, I think when we go on our first case, it will explain how I see things." He explains.

MRS. HUDSON: What about these suicides then, Sherlock? I thought that'd be right up your street. Three exactly the same.

Sherlock walks over to the window of the living room at the sound of a car pulling up outside.

SHERLOCK: Four.

He looks down at the car as someone gets out of it. The vehicle is a police car with its lights flashing on the roof.

SHERLOCK: There's been a fourth. And there's something different this time.

Sherlock began speaking, "We will get to see my thought process in about 5 minutes."

MRS. HUDSON: A fourth?

Sherlock turns as D.I. Lestrade trots up the stairs and comes into the living room.

SHERLOCK: Where?

LESTRADE: Brixton, Lauriston Gardens.
SHERLOCK: What's new about this one? You wouldn't have come to get me if there wasn't something different.

LESTRADE: You know how they never leave notes?

SHERLOCK: Yeah.

LESTRADE: This one did. Will you come?

SHERLOCK: Who's on forensics?

LESTRADE: It's Anderson.

"Much prefer John, even back then." Sherlock scoffed.

SHERLOCK (grimacing): Anderson won't work with me.

LESTRADE: Well, he won't be your assistant.

SHERLOCK: I need an assistant.
LESTRADE: Will you come?

SHERLOCK: Not in a police car. I'll be right behind.