Prologue - The Loss

JOHN'S POV

Did Sherlock ever buy popcorn? It seems strange to imagine him sitting there with his hand in the bowl watching something dull on the telly.

Just thinking of the word dull seems estranged and heartbreaking to me. Sherlock always told people if they were being to dull or if the case was rather boring, ha.

"John dear, could you set up the Telly for movie night?" Mrs. Hudson called down to him.

Bloody hell no time to get lost in thought and definitely not the time to be crying; yes no crying. Damn this is gonna be a hard night.

Mrs. Hudson comes down the stairs."The mystery gang is on their way!" Mrs.Hudson exclaimed excitedly. "Mycroft is bringing the movie, hopefully not something so overly complicated. Swear if he brings a law enforcement movie.." She starts to trail off.

I hope Mycroft doesn't pick a movie that reminds us all of Sherlock, I won't be able to watch.

(Knock Knock)

"I'll get it Mrs. Hudson." I call out to her. "Okay dear!" She replies.

I start walking down the hall and unlock the door to see everyone yelling and pushing each other at the doorway.

"Dammit you insolent fools stop shoving me around or I will personally see that you don't have jobs anymore!" Mycroft's poor attempt at threatening the police officers.

Molly is the only one not being shoved; good to see. "John! Good to see you, how are you?" Molly asked me with obvious concern.

"Yes, yes all is well now come in I'll deal with these fools. Mrs.Hudson is starting to prepare the food." I told the shy girl.

"I'll try to help!" Molly says as she walks past me.

I avert my attention back to the screaming idiots at my front door. "Ahem! We are here to watch a movie in condolences of Sherlock's passing."
Strain in my voice begins to be heard. But it gets their attention."Not fight over who gets in the door first now get inside before I start regretting this!" I say loudly, very loudly. But they know I'm already regretting this.

They all grudgingly walk pass me and into apartment 221b Baker Street, home to famous Sherlock Holmes. Well was the home.

As we enter the main room Mycroft speaks, "Don't yell at me, but I find it imperative that we watch this series as people say we shall binge watch this thing." He's speaking very weirdly, but you can hear the strain in his voice as well.

As confused as I say, " What are we watching?" I said sternly.

"Hmm the life of the late Sherlock Holmes of course! You folks are dull!" He says mockingly at us like we all should have knew but how are we supposed to watch Sherlock's life? None was recorded. And if so without his knowledge.

Now everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but we were in shock to know that there is video recording on him. Molly spoke first, "What? How? W-why?" She stammered; clearly flustered.

Mycroft started his sentence deadly serious and scary, chilling even my bones and usually I just found him annoying. "Because people in this room have treated him unfairly and.."
We all wait for the finale. "He isn't dead."

I stare in denial thinking I saw him die no one can come back from that...right? But the way he said it was deadly serious and their wasn't any body language that showed he was lying.

"How!?" I'm mad now how could Sherlock be out their! Letting his friends; goddamn family think he was dead for the past 3 months? I don't realize I start to cry.

"We planned his alleged suicide." He says. "Let me have him explain this to you, he'll be here shortly." He says with a hint of annoyance.

As on cue said person walks through the doors looking like absolute hell, bloody hell.

"Sherlock!?!?" Everybody yells at him. He looks up with this extreme look of tiredness and I don't like that look one bit.

"Hello.." He speaks.

—————
677 words
Prologue
Was it okay? Not very good but I enjoyed writing this chapter will be updating every week!😊