Chapter 7

"Sherlock take off your shirt NOW!"

Sherlock slowly takes his coat and shirt off. Everyone begins to look horrified.

"Sherlock...Dear God...."

As Sherlock lifts his shirt up everyone can see the giant welts that cover his back. The welts are still covered with dry blood and look to be infected.

"Bloody Christ, I'll be right back!" John yells as he starts to run to the bathroom.

"Sherlock! How did that happen?!" Molly begin pacing and has a horrified expression on her face.

John comes running back with the first aid he still kept in the house. "Sherlock SIT down and keep your back straight."

Sherlock sits down reluctantly, "There is no need for special treatment, it's just a few scrapes and I can barely feel it."

"Oh yeah?"

Knowing that Sherlock is lying, John gently touches the side of one of the infected welts. "JOHN!" Sherlock tries to squirm away, but John holds his shoulders, careful not to touch his back again.

"Sherlock...I said sit and stay still." Sherlock stops moving and now John can see that his wounds are covered in blood but are no longer bleeding. The fact that Sherlock complied must mean it's bad.

"Molly, could you go get some warm water and a clean rag for me?" John asks politely.

"Of course!" Molly scurries to the kitchen for a bowl then heads to the bathroom, she quickly grabs a green clothe from the cabinet and fills the bowl with lukewarm water.

Molly comes back to John arguing with Mycroft.

"What the hell did you do to him Mycroft?!"

"I didn't do anything.... He volunteered for it."

"Do you have no sympathy? He's your own brother for Christ sake!"

John is now visibly upset and steps up closely to Mycroft, barely inches away from his face.

"I saved him didn't I?" Mycroft says calmly.

"After watching me be tortured of course." Sherlock exclaims quietly.

"WHAT!? YOU WATCHED?"

"I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to, I had to wait for the perfect moment to step in."

"Dont even lie Mycroft, I freed myself. You just happened to bring me home after I did." Sherlock stated.

John swiftly punches Mycroft across the jaw.

"You get him John!" Mrs. Hudson starts yelling like a mad woman.

Mycroft staggers back and touches his lip, blood slowly trickles down his jaw. "Sherlock had a mission, to come home he needed to finish it. I did what I had to."

"Doesn't make you less of a bastard." John turns  back around and caters to Sherlocks wounds. Sherlock starts mumbling quietly.

"Thank you John."

John winces. He's never heard Sherlock thank him for standing up for him.

"Ow.." Sherlock winces quietly.

"Sh. Don't move."

John has finished wiping the blood off and is now applying ointment to the surrounding area.

John carefully takes the gauze from the first aid kit and wraps it around Sherlock torso. Takes a piece of surgical tape and finishes the bandage.

"All done, anymore wounds we should know about?" John asks jokingly. Sorta.

"Pyshically? No, I don't have more."

Sherlock says that in a way that tells everyone that he's hurting just not in a physical way. It shocks everyone.

"We should really be getting back to the show."
Mycroft stated.

Everyone looks at him dumbfounded, but no one says anything further. John looks ready to kill.

"Bloody Christ Sherlock, you're amazing!"
Lestrade yells.

"Like seriously you're a genius AND you put up with Mycroft!?"

"One of my many talents Geoff." Sherlocks says.

"I see that knowing my name is not one of them." Lestrade mumbles.

John pats Lestrade back like he's a sad child.

"Can we continue watching this? I want a case, so can we get this over with?"

"Sherlock can't you just leave?" Molly asks.

"The British government is surrounding this place. Mycroft won't let any of us leave now."

"Of course he won't ." John says.

"Of course I won't." Mycroft says at the same time as John.

______________________________________
I wanted to put a chapter out even if it's a little short because of all the support on this. I've had a rough patch and just have been really busy with school but thank you all so much. 💗