1 | night out

olivia's pov

i hated going out. clubs and parties weren't my thing, they never were. i was always that awkward person standing in the corner, not knowing what to do. it's been like this ever since college. now i'm 29 and it's still the same.

yet here i was, on a saturday night, sitting at the velvet, the most famous nightclub in LA. you might be wondering, why is olivia woods here when she could be at home in her bed watching a movie.

well, scarlet and lizzie decided to invite me to their annual marvel party. yes, THE scarlett johansson and THE elizabeth olsen. i have known them both for a very long time and i love them both to death. truly the best friends a girl could ever have. and yes, i did refer to myself in the 3rd person.

anyways i wasn't going to go, but they begged me for days. i couldn't say no to my girls, so here i am.

the velvet, usually packed every day of the week, was pretty spacious today due to the fact that marvel rented out the whole club just for their actors/actresses as well as their team.

as i was sitting at one of the booths, i couldn't help but widen my mouth at all the famous people i've seen pass me by in the past hour. seeing rdj and samuel l jackson up close and personal was actually an insane experience for me because i grew up watching them.

although i'm also an actress and singer among other things, i've never gotten the opportunity to be this close to all these talented and amazing people all at once. college liv would have been so starstruck right now. i wouldn't blame her because 30 year old liv is still just as starstruck.

as i was lost in my thoughts, scarlett and lizzie each sat down on each of my sides. scarlett passed me my favorite drink: whiskey and coke. truly the best of both worlds.

"you guys know me TOO well." i said to them as i took a sip from my drink.

"of course we do, we ARE your best friends." scarlett replied as lizzie laughed.

"so thanks for the free drink besties, but remind me why i'm here again? you guys both know that i HATE going to clubs.." i asked them as they pretended to look elsewhere.

"we just wanted you to be here tonight! it's the annual marvel party. lighten up a little liv!" lizzie answered as scarlett nodded.

"i'm fine, but i'm still confused on why i'm even here. i'm not in any of the movies and stuff and im pretty sure none of these people even know who i am." i said as i trailed off.

"liv, of course they know you. everyone has been looking at you all night." scarlett told me.

"i don't think that's true." i replied as i shook my head in disbelief.

"well you better believe it liv. i think feige has been wanting to talk to you too." lizzie said as kevin feige started walking towards us.

"i guess that's our cue to get out on the dance floor." scarlett said as she dragged lizzie away. i shook my head at them.

"hello, are you olivia woods?" kevin feige asked me once he arrived in front of me.

"in the flesh!" i replied as we shook hands.