Disaster

A/N Okay so I'm invested ;D this is kinda a long one but I hope it's worth the read. why do I cringe so much writing these? anyways I don't have much to say, apart from, there is mention of depression, so just in case ya know, anyways, I hope you all have a blessed day <3

Disclaimer: I obviously don't own any of these characters, nor do I claim to. THIS IS A FANFICTION. Thank you:)

Deer... It wasn't the most appetizing source of blood, and that's putting it lightly. Still, it was better than feeling the pain of an innocent human, tenfold. Jasper sighed before biting into the animal's neck, it didn't take long to drain, the deer wasn't very filling. His throat burned still, afterwards. He and Alice left late on Friday night, the week of school had taken its toll. Jasper knew she wasn't really thirsty, but she went with him anyway. He didn't only have to deal with his own bloodlust, but that of his family also. He felt every emotion in great depth. It wasn't always easy.

'Jas' Alice appeared beside him a split second later, she had been hunting a mile or so into the forest. He smiled his heartbreakingly beautiful smile, reaching down to kiss the remaining blood from her lips. 'Where did you find elk baby?' He whispered, intrigued, he tasted it on her lips. She laughed, gazing into his eyes like he was her only true reason for existence, which, essentially, he was. 'It was further down. Come.' Alice took his hand, inclining her head to where she had been hunting previously.

In the depths of the forest and middle of the night, was really the only place and time that they could truly let loose, and hunt, without fear of people, for it can be dangerous to do so too close to humans. A vampire's natural instinct is to hunt, there's no time to think of what. They had to be careful, constantly keeping their guard up. Again, still, it was better than feeling the torture of your victim.

Alice turned to face him, she watched him for a moment, eyeing opposition, before grinning, 'Race ya'. She took off before Jasper had a second to process what she had said. He laughed loudly, yelling, 'Cheat' before taking off after her. They both ran for a while, laughing together, bass and soprano. They were far into the forest now, and spotted a herd of the elk Alice had mentioned... but Jasper had stopped dead in his tracks. Alice too, sensed it... blood. Blood so unbearably sweet, she could taste it on her tongue. Jasper had already let his guard down, maybe a little too soon... A low growl formed in his throat, and his eyes were darker than the sky at that moment. 'Jasper' she whispered defeatedly, knowing it was too late...

The man lay lifeless at his feet. What had he done? he was used to the feeling, but this was different. This felt different. The man had felt... sadness, regret, guilt, right before his flesh was brutally torn apart. what had he been guilty for? Jasper was frozen, staring at the man's lifeless face. He couldn't live with himself. He had been doing so well, hadn't properly slipped in over a year. He thought he could finally leave that part of him behind... in the past. He knew now, that he would never truly get the better of it.

A couple of minutes passed, dreadfully slowly. Alice crept quietly to where he was. 'Jasper' She whispered. The only emotions emitting from her were concern, love, and worry. Lord, he couldn't stand this. Why wasn't she disappointed? why didn't she hate him? The pure hatred he felt towards himself at that moment was truly indescribable. She watched his pained expression for a second, her eyebrows furrowing in concern. 'We can clean it up.' She said gently, lightly touching his arm, but he didn't reply... They would make it look like an animal attack. No one would be any the wiser.

When they, or rather he had finished, for he wouldn't let her complete the grusome task of mutilating the body further in order to clean up his mess. She understood that he didn't want to talk about it, he was looking everywhere but at her. He couldn't bare to look at her. How could someone like her, so pure, so innocent, be with someone like him? want to be with someone like him.