IV - Raging Respect

"Ah!" Camila exclaimed in frustration as she slammed the paper on her desk.

"You're in a mood." Dinah whispered, looking at the somewhat annoyed Camila.

"Have you heard the new curriculum?" Camila asked, looking at her bestfriend who shook her head and munched on her hot cheetos.

"We will be placed in a team composed of one standing captain and three members." Camila said.

"I don't see the problem with that." Dinah shrugged.

"The punishment is applicable for all the team members." Camila said, making Dinah choke in surprise.

"Hang on, if one of the members are late..."

"You all have to do the punishment." Camila finished for Dinah.

"And your problem is?"

"I'm teamed with Brad, and Shawn." Camila said.

"Dang, the late comers." Dinah laughed.

"I can feel the punishment already." Camila groaned.

"Wait, You're missing one." Dinah said.

"Detective Elle." Camila mumbled.

"Seriously?!" Dinah exclaimed, looking at Camila with excitement in her eyes.

"Yep." Camila nodded.

"Why are you so unhappy about it? You'll learn a lot from her!" Dinah exclaimed.

"I'm not unhappy, just...uncomfortable." Camila whispered.

"Because?"

"She's just so respect worthy, and I'm just a recently employed officer." Camila sighed.

"We, but you'll be fine." Dinah said.

"What about me?" Dinah asked.

"Here's your team." Normani chimed in, placing a piece of paper on the Polynesian's desk.

"Jared, Paul, Rica." Dinah read the names, which Camila stifled a laugh.

"Detective Mani, why them?" Dinah asked.

"The teams are actually categorized equally. Per team, there is the muscle, the brain,the courage, and the observant." Normani explained.

"Paul is the Muscle, Jared is the Courage, Rica is the Observant, and I'm the brain." Dinah said proudly.

"You've categorized it quickly, indeed you are the brain, which if I may add is the leader." Normani nodded.

"Of course, right Detective Rachelle?" Dinah grinned, looking at Lauren who entered the place.

"Still no?" Dinah frowned, while Lauren nodded as she entered her office, no words escaping her lips.

"Maybe you're not the brain after all." Normani teased before she entered her office.

It's been almost two weeks since Lauren and Normani came in, and it felt like there were zero to none progress. The late comers are still late, and they still lacked a lot of things.

"Fucking hell." Lauren growled in annoyance, remembering how the CIA director shook his head at the Latina and the Creole when he did an unexpected visit just two days ago.

"What was that?" Dinah asked kind of surprised at the loud thud coming out of Lauren's office.

"I'm not s-"

"Cabello." Lauren looked at the brunette.

"Yes det-"

"I need all the details of these paint sprayers, and graffiti shits. Send them to me. Asap." Lauren said, which made the brunette gulp and nod in a stutter. Camila felt every word drown down, as she felt her nerves shake in fright.