~Chapter Seventeen~

"Yuki?"

"Yuki we need to talk" The voice was so familiar. Who's is it? Where am I? All I can see is darkness. Someone, please help me.

"Yuki listen to me. You need to leave. Leave the Sakamaki brothers and do not return to the Mukami household. Please for your safety, do what I say." A light appeared in front of me. Beatrix appeared from inside the bright light.

"Beatrix? How...?" I asked shocked. The last that I had heard of her was that Reiji had killed her many years ago.

"It's been a while, my dear. Please listen to my warning and leave the mansion as soon as you can. It is not safe for you to be there," she replied, with concern in her voice. She was dressed in a dark red Victorian dress. Her blonde hair was held up tight in a bun.

"Why? What's happening?" I asked worriedly. A sword pierces her through her chest and blood begins to run down from the corner of her mouth. She clutches her chest as the sword is removed.

"You have such a beautiful voice, my dear. Never let anyone tell you otherwise," Beatrix said before the light completely blinded me.

I woke up with a startle. Sweat was running down the back of my next and my hands were clammy. I was still with Shu on the sofa. His blue eyes were wide open, concern laced within them. I only now just realized that I had a tight hold on Shu's jumper.

"S-sorry Shu... I..." I began to say but fear got the better of me. What did Beatrix mean? Why is the house unsafe?

"Hey... You're okay. You're with me. No one can hurt you," Shu said in a calming voice. He moved his hands on top of mine and began to caress them as a way of trying to calm me down. It was working a little, but I was still terrified.

"How... How did your mother die?" I asked quietly. SHu's face changed from concern to confusion and shock. He did not expect me to ask him about his mother, let alone her death.

"Reiji admired and loved our mother deeply, viewing her as the "perfect lady. " even if he never showed it. As Reiji grew more and sees that his mother is far from perfect, as she acts frustrated towards her rival Cordelia. Her hated towards Cordelia and the rivalry between the two of them consumed her to the point where Reiji did not exist to her. He begins to lose respect for her, until the moment he decides to kill her by hiring a vampire hunter." Shu explained.

Before we could continue the conversation, Reiji teleports down to the landing where Shu and I were already. Reiji looks over at us and gives us a small nod. He sits in one of the chairs as if he was awaiting someone. A little while later, Yui walks in but does not see me or Shu.

"Um... Reiji-san, you wanted to ask me something?" Yui says, standing but a little far from the sofa and the chair that Reiji was sitting on.

"Can you tell me what you know about them?" Reiji asks, getting straight to the point. Reiji was not the type of person to go through unnecessary small talk when it came to something serious.

"What I know about them?" Yui asks, unsure.

"Is there anything at all you have noticed?" Why is Reiji so interested in the Mukami brothers? I know that they do not like each other but why?

"Well..." Yui began.

"I see you are as useless as ever," Reiji says, becoming impatient with how long it was taking Yui to answer his questions.

"U-um, I'm not sure why, but they kept calling me 'Eve'," Yui said, finally answering Reiji's questions.

"Eve..." Reiji says silently, opening his eyes while saying it. A smirk makes its way onto Reiji's face. "I see. Did they mention anything about 'Adam'?"

"Yes..." Yui says, thinking back. I blanked out of the rest of the conversation until Reiji addressed Shu.

"You heard all that, right, Shu?" Reiji asks, making Yui notice me and Shu. By this time, I was calmed down a little and was not fully on top of Shu. I was more behind him on the sofa. "Have you heard anything from father?"

"Not really," Shu says bluntly while opening his eyes. "But he is probably planning something."

"So it seems," Reiji replied while looking down at his hands that were entwined on top of his lap.

Yui asks another question but is replied to by an unhappy Kanato, annoyed that she suddenly left. He was not going to forgive her for it either. Slowly, each of the brothers begins to appear. First Kanato who was stood in the middle of the room, then Subaru who was close to Kanato. I refused to look at him, not wanting to deal with him. He ended up punching the pillar to his right causing me and Shu to both roll our eyes a little. Laito then appears lounging on the sofa next to Reiji. Ayato is next to appear in the seat close to where Laito and Reiji were sitting.

"Finally, everyone is here," Reiji said, causing everyone's attention to move onto him.

"Why did you gather us here?" I asked Reiji. Although I was already in the room with Shu, there was a reason as to why everyone was summoned into the room.

"Yeah, this almost never happens," Laito said, agreeing with me. He turned towards me and Shu where he gave me a small playful wink that made me look down at my lap before looking back up to pay attention to what Reiji was going to say. "And it's not like we are having a dinner party. What's the idea?"

"We don't have much time until the next full moon," Reiji said.

"And? What of it?" Kanato asked.

"Isn't the next one a Lunar Eclipse?" Laito questioned. The room went silent for a moment.

"It's not just a Lunar Eclipse," Shu said.

"There's something more?" Yui asked, confused as o what the brothers were speaking about.

"It's a special Lunar Eclipse that occurs simultaneously in both the human and demon worlds. Our vampire powers will decrease tremendously," Shu continued to explain. Well, this doesn't sound good. Could this be what Beatrix was warning me about?

"That doesn't sound like that big of a deal," Ayato comments being his arrogant self.

"No..." Shu begins. He starts to sit up making me do the same and move more towards the other end of the sofa. "We shouldn't take this likely."

I hope nothing happens," Reiji says, looking out of the large window at the moon that is standing tall in the sky, surrounded by clouds.

"That I agree with you on Reiji," I said quietly, moving everyone's attention over to me. "If it is as bad as it has been described then let's hope that nothing happens to anyone. Last thing we need after everything that has already happened."

"Yeah..." Ayato said quietly. "Could I have a private chat, Yuki?"

Hello Everyone!! I am finally back! I lost access to this account which is why I haven't been able to update the book in the past year. A lot has happened in the past year. The only important thing that I am willing to share at the moment is that I got diagnosed with Dyslexia so I apologize now for any mistake that have been made.

Thank you to those who have stuck around for the past year waiting for an update. I am just sorry that it has taken this long.