~insecure~ (request)

Your POV

Your POV

As I was walking to my room down the corridor of the avengers campus I heard whimpers and sniffles coming out of wanda's room.

I had been friends with Wanda for over 2 years now and we did everything together. She is always there for me through thick and thin. There is not one day where we fall out with each other, we are like sisters.

I knocked on her door "Wans it's me y/n."

I'm the only person who calls Wanda, Wans. It's a nickname I chose for her and she chose me a nickname as well... y/n/n which is just a shorter version of y/n.

I didn't hear her reply so I let myself in.

I gasped and rushed to her side. She had red puffy eyes, her hair was a mess, her face was pale and she looked really weak.

"I h-hate myself y/n. I don't fucking deserve-e to l-l-live" she hiccuped.

"Oh Wanda" i sniffed, tearing up a little.

"E-everything I do, it's always my fault. I just  f-feel so guilty all the fucking time. Like when my parents died and then my brother died. And what happened in Lagos, I've hurt and killed so many people . I-I just can't. And now Vis is gone I don't see anything worth living-"

I cut her off. I can't believe she's saying this. I absolutely love Wanda. She has been one of my best friends. Even know I've only known her for just a little over 2 years I feel like I've known her my whole life.

"Fuck Wanda! Don't say that about yourself. Listen to me. You've helped me so much these past few years. Nobody trusted me or wanted to hang around with me because of my dark past but you..You believed in me and actually wanted to be my friend. I have only been an avenger for just over 3 years. I've been at such a low point that I was going to take my own live. You saved me. I didn't tell you coz I knew it wasn't the right time. I hadn't had many friends and you were my first proper friend.
I was so happy to finally have a friend like you. I need you, the avengers are your family, they need you, the world needs you. I know it seems hard right now trust me I do. I've been in the same position where I feel like there's nothing worth living for but that's when you saved me. So let me return the favour and help you this time." I sobbed.

Her eyes were glossy and a tear slipped out. I breathed in a deep breath worried on what she might say but she just jumped into my arms, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back just as tight, hiding my head in the crook of her neck.

"Thank you" she whispered.

"No thank you"

————-

2 hours later

Wanda had fallen asleep on my lap, I was stroking her hair and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. This all seemed to help her sleep. Hopefully the nap will make her feel better

—————

1 month later

Wanda was recovering well. She was still damaged but I helped her overcome her fears every step of the way. She looked much more happier than before and we had been going to therapy as well. I'd sit next to her and hold her hand as she gets nervous when asked questions. The therapist said she was getting on well with her sessions.

—————

3 years later

I got into bed with my wife and snuggled up close to her.

It's been a hectic three years but with Wanda by my side everything was perfect.

"Night my love" Wanda cooed.

"Night baby" I whispered.

Nobody's POV

Wanda was finally happy again and y/n was so proud of her. They both had healed each other with the help of one another. Wanda and y/n were soulmates from the beginning...