The Day After

I wake up to find Taylor already up. I look at my phone, which I thankfully charged last night. It's 7:00 AM. I get out of my bed, and Taylor looks at me, smiles, and says, "Good morning, sunshine!" I love her nicknames for me. "Good morning Taylor!" I say. She gets up and hugs me.

Then she makes pancakes for the two of us! "Thank you so much!" I say. "Anytime!" says Taylor. We finish eating, and I say, "I'm sure you have lots of rehearsals to do, so I'll call Ms. Wilson to pick me up."

"Nonsense. I'll drive you!" says Taylor. "Are you sure? I know you have lots to do before tonight's show. I am perfectly fine with calling Ms. Wilson to come to pick me up. I'll call her now. I'm sure she's waiting for me to call," I say.

"Stella. I'm driving you, and that's final! It would be my pleasure to do so!" says Taylor. "Okay!" I say. I text Ms. Wilson that Taylor is driving me back. She sends me a thumbs up.

"Oh, before I forget! Can you give me your phone for a second?" says Taylor. "Yeah, sure," I say, wondering what she's gonna do. She types something and says, "Here! Now you have my number if you need anything!" "Awesome! Thank you so much!" I say. "My pleasure!" says Taylor. She is the nicest person I have ever met!

We are going to leave at 8:00. It's 7:30 now. We talk about the tour, Taylor's life, and a little about my life. I leave out basically all of the bad things and talk a little bit about dance mainly about some of my favorite moves and getting good grades in school.

I think Taylor knows that there's a lot more to my life than what I'm mentioning, but thankfully, she doesn't ask.

It's 8:00 now, and Taylor has her chauffeur drive us to the orphanage. I make sure that I have all of my stuff before we leave. I do, and we're off. I'm bummed that I have to leave Taylor, but she has a life and things to do, like putting on a concert tonight. We talk the whole time that we're driving to the orphanage.

We arrive way too soon, in my opinion. We pull up in front, and I get out and thank the driver for the ride and thank Taylor for everything. "See you tomorrow!" says Taylor. "See you tomorrow!" I say as I give her one last hug before we go our separate ways.

I wave until I can't see her car anymore when it turns left to leave the street that the orphanage is on. I sigh and walk up to the front door and use my key to get in so I don't wake anyone, especially not Grayson.

I quietly go to my room and flop on my bed, reliving last night in my head. Then I unpack my backpack and change into a different outfit. I hang my ticket up on my wall and lean my album against the wall in front of my desk.

I look at the pictures of Taylor and me on my phone, and I assign one of them as her contact photo. She wrote Taylor Swift as her name, and I edit her name and add 💖✨ to it.

Under company, I type My Favorite Person. I type in her birthday too. December 13th, 1989. Mine is July 13th, 2010.

I play Welcome to New York and do my special dance to it. The song ends, and I play Ready For It, I Did Something Bad, Gorgeous, Endgame, and King Of My Heart. After all of those songs finish, I add them to my Taylor Swift playlist consisting of all of my favorite songs of hers. I am so excited to see her again tomorrow.

I leave my room and walk downstairs. I already had breakfast, so I check the chore list to get all of those out of the way for today.

Everyone has to make sure their room is clean on Saturdays and Sundays. Because weekends are normally when people come to see if they want to foster or adopt us.

My room is always clean. Partly because I don't have much stuff to make a mess with. The older kids have more stuff than me, so it's harder for them to maintain their room.