Meeting Selena!

I wake up to bright sunlight streaming in my face from my window. I look at my phone, and it's 8:00 AM! I slept through my alarm. Well, that's a first. I bounce out of bed and make it before showering and getting dressed. I find Olivia in the hallway, and I pet her before she leads me to Taylor, who is downstairs in the kitchen sitting on a barstool with her back to me. She must have heard me walk in because she turns around and says, "Good morning, Stella!" "Good morning, Taylor!" I say. She gets up and hugs me. Then she makes me some pancakes. "Thank you!" I say as she served them to me. "My pleasure!" says Taylor. She is the sweetest person in the world! While I eat, Taylor says, "Selena will be coming here around 1:00!" "Yay!" I say. Then I get up and walk to the sink to clean my dishes. Taylor tries to do my dishes for me, but I won't let her. She already does so much for me.

The hours until Selena arrives go by super fast. It's 12:45, and I'm pacing by the elevator. "Excited or nervous?" asks Taylor. "Both?" I say. "There's no need for you to be nervous! Selena already loves you!" says Taylor. This makes me smile and feel a little better. The next fifteen minutes fly by! The elevator opens, and Selena steps out. "Hi! You must be Stella!" says Selena. "Yep!" I say. Then I skip as I lead her to the living room where Taylor is. We sit on the couch. I sit next to Taylor on her left, and Selena sits next to Taylor on her right. "So, Selena, I see you've met Stella!" says Taylor. "Yep! By the way, congrats on being a mom!" says Selena. "Thank you!" says Taylor. The three of us talk for an hour, give or take a few about some fun topics.

Then Taylor says, "Alright, there are a few reasons why I invited you here today. Reason one is you're my best friend, and I wanted you to be the first besides my family to meet Stella. On top of that, I want you to be Stella's godmother!" "Yes!!!!!" says Selena, really excited. I stand up and do a cartwheel and then jump up and down. Taylor and Selena watch me with huge smiles on their faces. Then Taylor says, "I take that you're excited!" I nod and sit back down. Taylor continues by saying, "Reason two is because I want you to take care of Stella this year while I'm doing certain shows that she doesn't need to be at. If the schedule gets too complicated, then I'll have Stella go to all of the concerts. Does this make sense so far?" "Yes!" says Selena. Taylor looks at me, and I say, "Yep!" "Awesome! Here's a list of the dates of my concerts and the ones that you will be taking care of Stella are highlighted. I'll explain it briefly now since I don't want to bore Stella to death with the details," says Taylor. I interject and say, "You wouldn't bore me with the details!" Taylor nods.

"The first time you will be taking care of Stella will be June 11-19 while I'm in Ireland. Selena, I will fly you out to Manchester on June 10. Then the two of you will leave and come back to the US on June 11. I will fly you two back on June 19, and you two will be in London for a few days before I fly you both back to the US on June 25. Then I will fly the two of you to Landover on July 9. After that, Selena, you are free to be flown back to your house, or you can stay with us or do whatever you want! The next time you'll take care of Stella will be July 24. I'll explain a lot more details as we get closer to the dates. Selena, I am fully aware of the jet lag and flying that I am putting you through. I want to say a little more about that to you in private. Anyways, I am enrolling Stella in a homeschool charter, which will keep her busy for a lot of the time," says Taylor. I shoot Taylor a look as though to say "really?" referring to the homeschool thing. I am technically on summer break already! If Taylor hadn't adopted me, I would be in school till June 15. "Stella, I need to talk to you about something school-related later," says Taylor. I nod. I wonder what she needs to talk to me about.

Selena is here for a few more hours. The three of us talk about more fun topics other than school and the concert schedule. One of the conversations is about Taylor and Joe. I could tell that Taylor felt a little weird about talking about her love life in front of me, her seven-year-old daughter. The conversation was short but sweet. Then we talk about Selena's life. It sounds amazing! Selena asks me a ton of questions. "Stella, do you do any sports?" asks Selena. "Yes! I dance!" I say. "That's super cool! What types?" asks Selena. "Back in LA, I did Jazz, Hip Hop, Ballet, Lyrical, Acro, Tap, and Contemporary! I also took a few technique classes! I did ten classes total!" I say, counting the classes on my fingers.