Anything, Anytime (Human Bug x reader)

(So in this au Bug never met February but got his starship ranger body just because he wanted to and then runs into you, another starship ranger. Enjoy!)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I wondered why there was an emergency meeting called on the Landing deck as I made my way there. It was very weird but whatever it took to get me away from my asteroid shooting job. I know it was important but it can be so tiring to look at what space for such a long time.

In the landing deck were junior, Commander Up, Lieutenant Taz, and a couple of subordinates I don't remember the names of. Except for Krayonder. I knew him back in the academy. He's one of the few people who still come to check in on me while I'm working.

"Junior, what's up?" I asked.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"No, no, (Y/N), I called this meeting. And called you down here to introduce you to our new ranger," Commander Up said as he presented someone that was hiding behind him. "(Y/N) meet Bug, Bug meet (Y/N), she works in our asteroid shooting department. She protects the ship."

"Oh wow, Hi (Y/N), truly an honor to meet you!" He said holding his hand out to me.

He had bright optimism in his eyes and his crooked grin made him look even more endearing and when our hands met I could feel my heart speed up a bit but I knew I had other matters to tend to.

"While this is all fun and good, is there a specific reason I am here because I know for sure I have a job that needs to be done."

"Oh sorry (Y/N), We were just hoping that maybe you could give Bug a quick little tour."

"Yeah, I recommended you," Krayonder said, "You could use a break. I can take over your job for a bit."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, you protect this ship so much you should take a break and take a walk around it... While you're at it, you should walk around with our new guy," the Commander said.

"Yeah and keep an eye on him," Taz said.

"Oh he'll be just fine, I'm sure of it. No need to follow him around I'm sure (Y/N) and Bug got this," Junior said.

"Umm yeah, ok, Bug, right?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Well then let's get started. But someone is gonna need to cover for me at my job."

"Since Krayonder suggested her I think it's only right that he temporarily takes your place," Commander Up said.

"Wait what?" He responded.

"Off you go now."

"Aww man," Krayonder begrudgingly said as he stomped off.

I giggled at the scenery and grabbed Bug's hand as I pulled him along, "Come on!"

The tour began pretty smoothly. He seemed so intrigued with everything he saw, a true fanboy in a way. That is until near the end of it when he started asking some questions I was not prepared for.

"So, how long have you been working for the Starship?" He asked me.

"Um, ever since I was at least 13."

"Wow, it was that long ago?"

"Yeah. Things work differently here and where I'm from. I didn't really have anything to call my own back home but I do remember wanting to help people so I joined the rangers academy as soon as possible and eventually started working for them. One of their youngest recruits," I explained, "But it does suck that I'm only blasting asteroids."

"Hey! Don't talk like that. You protect the ship from any possible danger and that's really important. Also really brave. I can only dream to be as brave as that."

"I don't know, living on Bug world for as long as you did is pretty brave," I responded.

"What?"

"You know, since they found you on Bug world and that's what I assumed from the outdated starship ranger uniform."

"Wow, smart too. You are truly incredible. But to be honest, I don't really remember too much down there. In fact, until a couple of weeks ago I was frozen in a healing capsule. So I didn't have too many dangers to deal with. But I did find that Bug world is actually really nice when you get to know it."

"Oh, I'm sure. I am fascinated by bugs. When I was a kid I had a brother and he loved to show me all the cool bugs he could find. He is long gone now but I think I still have his bug encyclopedia in my dorm. I read it when I need a mental break. However, as much as I like bugs I don't think I would like giant ones."

"Really? Well, maybe I can take you down there one day and let you get to know them. And with time I'm sure you could see the beauty they hold."

"Oh well, I hope you keep that promise cause that seems like one hell of a good time. But this does bring us to the end of the tour and if you need anything, feel free to call me."

"Anytime?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, Up gave you a Walkie Talkie, right? I'm usually on the 3rd channel. Need anything, just hit me up and I'll be there," I told him, "See you around, Bug."

In the next couple of weeks, I saw Bug a lot more than I thought I would. It truly seemed like he called me for just about anything. The dude didn't realize that I had a job to do, but it was always nice to see him. He is very sweet and curious that it was so fun to have conversations with him.

It wasn't until one night that I found out what was going on. He knocked on my door one night.

"Hey, I know it's late and everything but I couldn't sleep and I was wondering if I could maybe look at that encyclopedia you said you had?"

I nodded, "Oh sure, yeah come on in. Let me get it "

I plucked it from my shelf and patted the spot next to me on the bed where he took a seat.

"Thanks, I was just... feeling a little homesick I guess."

I laughed at his joke, "No it's alright I get it. Come here,"

We laid next to each other as we looked at the book together. He liked to point out different creatures and he would even correct the book on some things and he would make funny voices with the bug pictures.

By the end of the book I had wished it never ended. "Hey, thanks so much for doing this I really enjoyed hanging out with you," He said.

"No problem. Anytime. I enjoyed it too."

"I'm glad........ Hey, (Y/N), I have something I need to confess to you."

"What is it?"

"The reason I have been calling for help so much on even the most ridiculous things is because... I really like spending time with you. So much so that I think that.... I may live," I cut him off by kissing him. I knew if I were to let him continue and if I didn't seize the moment things would have been ruined.

The kiss was nice, intimate. I could tell Bug wasn't experienced but that's what gave it a fresh feel to an amazing new start.

"What was that?" He asked when we finished.

"A kiss," I said unsure of where he was going with this."

"Can we do that all the time?" He asked sweetly.

I laughed "Maybe not all the time but definitely as many times as you want."

"Anytime?" He asked.

"Anytime."