A Cup Of Coffee (Emma Perkins x reader)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Ok come on (Y/n) you can do this, I thought to myself

I was at a little coffee shop in downtown hatchet field that I often came to visit after my day at work. I used to come here because it was usually less crowded than Starbucks but that all changed the day she waltzed into my life.

Her name was Emma. She was a cute barista that started working here a week after I started coming here for coffee, and ever since she started showing up I just became more of a frequent Customer. Emma was shorter than me by a couple inches and had these beautiful hazel eyes you could get lost in. Her hair was a calm chocolate color that just seemed to calm me every time I walked in even if she usually did keep it up in a clip. And then the most attractive feature, her lips. Why did they have to be so pink, plump and perfect?

Well it doesn't even matter how I feel cause a girl like that probably already has a girlfriend or more likely a boyfriend. She would never go for someone like me and then I'd be heartbroken, but then again I should at least try to make a move or show that I'm interested.

I was waiting in line to get to the counter and maybe get a chance to speak to her when this guy in front of me was sort of being a dick, he was yelling that the order was taking too long even though it was obvious that Emma was doing it herself and trying her hardest when no one else was there helping her. I could see Emma getting fed up with it and that was evident when she finally flicked him off.

At first I was surprised because of company policy but he definitely deserved it. I walked up to the counter after the guy stormed off when another girl came and started talking to Emma. But seeing the uniform she had on she was probably just a co-worker

Wait I thought she was here alone

"Oh my god Emma, I can't believe you did that," the other girl said but then her shocked face turned into a snide smirk, "You know I bet Nora wouldn't like to hear about this."

"Look Zoey, you can tell Nora but it wasn't my fault okay. He was freaking out and I bet that if you were actually over here helping me and doing your job then it wouldn't have escalated to that."

"Well I'm sorry but I was on vocal rest, what do you want me to do-?"

"Um Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but if I may just chime in a bit here-," oh my god what am I thinking. They both turn to me, "But what I'm hearing is that you work here and yet you weren't helping your co-worker when clearly there is a line of Customers which I hate to say is almost too much for this one barista to be tending to. Is that correct?"

"Yeah, but like I said I was on vocal rest and Emma should have been able to handle it."

"I already told you, Zoey I-"

"But wait so if you were on vocal rest, then if you don't mind me asking. Emma when is your vocal rest?"

"Nearly never," Emma said with a bored tone.

"She doesn't sing here."

"Oh right. But last I checked you were a barista first and singer second, and if my memory serves me correctly this place was a cafe with singing added to it, and I would just hate to see the owners reaction of what singing has done to some of its lazy workers. By how you were talking I take it Nora's your manager, but if you're singing is meddling with your service I can make a quick call and have it removed from your cafe. So Zoey I suggest you put down your phone before I pick up mine."

With that Zoey huffed marched away but I could see her putting her apron on and start to go around the cafe helping people with refills. "Wow, thanks for standing up for me and actually getting her to work," I turn and see Emma smiling at me.

"Yeah well my brother Ted always said I was quite the lawyer."

"Yeah but really thank you. Can I get you anything?"

"Um yeah can i have an iced caramel frappe and a croissant please?"

She nods and starts making my order. God she is cute while biting her lip.

"Does she do that to you often?" I asked curiously.

"Oh yeah! I swear she has Nora, our manager, wrapped around her finger."

"Well if she ever starts causing you trouble you can just call me. No one should be treating you like that."

"Thanks, I don't really have people who can come to my rescue. Also how can I call you if I don't have your number?"

"Well you can write yours on a cup and I can text you the minute I sit down or some cheesy shit like that?"

She smiled as she moved forward with my cup in her hand. She looked at me, grabbed a sharpie and started writing. She put the cup down and moved towards the pastries. I nearly shiver in excitement, was this really happening? When did I get this confident?

She put the croissant into the bag and started to hand it to me, "If I were you I wouldn't eat that," she said.

I grabbed it and replied "I've had worse," then move closer to her as I whisper, "I've had the blueberry muffins."

She started giggling a bit and she just looked even more adorable than she already was. "Hey um, if you want my shift ends in the next two hours. Maybe you and I can get some real food? It's the least I can do after you defended me."

"It's a date," I state with a smile as she hands me my cup.

"Great."

She looked at the cash register and said "That will be $6.75."

I gave her the money first and watched as the thing that said money owed: 0.00 before taking out a ten and handing it to her.

"Tip jars over there," she said pointing to the jar next to the cash register.

"I know," I replied, not moving my hand from its position.

She smiled and took the money.

I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand. A sensational feeling shot through my body, "I'm sorry, I just realized I never got your name."

"(Y/n)"

"Nice to meet you, (y/n)."

She let go of my hand and I walked over towards a seat where I would wait for her shift to be over. I took a sip but stopped when I saw what she wrote on the cup. It said:

"Usually I don't do the cutesy cliche stuff but I can make an exception for you ;)"

Then below was her number