ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx || ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟᴇɴ's ʜᴏᴘᴇ

Navia

"I guess the ran out of Tellun's Prides." Sabien said, in an attempt at a joke.

I scrunched my nose and turned to him.

"We only have two," Tyler jumped in before I could speak.

I looked over my shoulder and raised a brow at him.  "Only two?"

He shrugged. "Well, I guess it's just the second now, the first Tellun's Pride was destroyed by the Conquerors. That's why we're taking the Fallen's Hope, the Four Fallen have the Tellun's Pride II."

"I see." I smothered a giggle and sent Sabien a look.

He returned a very guilty grin toward Tyler and grabbed my arm to tug me on board the ship. "You're so immature," Sabien muttered, but I could see him struggle to hide his smirk.

"Oh, I'm immature?" I teased, steadying myself with a hand on the boat's railing. The salty smell of the water was already starting to turn my stomach, and I cursed my seasickness for probably the millionth time.

Sabien stared out toward the castle. "Can you believe that was once home?" He asked softly.

I blinked at him and turned to look at the turrets myself. It seemed so cold now, the stones absorbing whatever sunlight they could. I recalled the first time I'd ever seen it, how awestruck I'd been. So many things had changed since then.

"Was it ever, really?" Sasha's voice startled me. "Home, I mean." The Zhongese boy had walked up behind me just in time to hear Sabien's words. "Wasn't home this, the team? The people?"

Sabien furrowed his brows. "That's very deep," he saids seriously, but couldn't help breaking into giggled as Sasha rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean." Sasha growled, giving Sabien a playful shove.

Footsteps announced Zay's presence as she joined us. "Are you beating up Navia's boyfriend, Sash?" She teased.

"Hardly," Sasha crossed his arms. "Besides, he started it."

Zay tilted her head and looked over at me.

I shrugged. "He kinda did."

"Wow, how very supportive of you." Sabien said, sarcasm dripping off the words.

I blew him a kiss and turned back to Zay. "So you two are official, then?"

"Yes ma'am," Sasha reached over and patted Zay's head. "Official and four months strong!"

Zay shot him a look that would've killed any lesser man. Sasha just laughed it off.

"I can't believe you guys didn't even send us a message when you made it official!" Sabien wrapped an arm around my shoulders, his dramatic pout visible in my periphery.

Sasha frowned. "What? I thought you did!" He shot a look at Zay.

"Whoops, guess it slipped my mind." She glanced away innocently, but it was ruined by the mischievous smile that played on her lips.