03| the north

• • •

• • •

To get across the narrow sea took about three weeks, and in those weeks she was excited to see her homeland once again. She couldn't believe that she went across the sea without anyone she knew to go with her. It was scary to be alone in a place that you didn't know, but you have to experience stuff to learn new things.

As she got off the boat with the only little luggage she had and thought about where she could go. Should she go south or north, or figure it out from where she was. There was a carriage waiting only a couple of feet away from her.

Walking up to it, "excuse me?"

The guy with the carriage looked from behind it and smiled. He was a fairly young man with beautiful tan skin. The guy introduced himself as Aaron Casterly from Kings Landing, and that he was heading up to the North to the Wall, which he had to clarify for her.

"I would recommend going up north than south. I know the perfect place to take you."

Luna was surprised by the offer. She didn't have anything to pay him with, as she had to start from scratch here. Aaron could sense a type of panic that the young girl was having.

"It's okay, you don't have to pay me. I'm glad to help you."

The one question that she was dreading hasn't been asked yet, and hopefully, it wouldn't be. She could feel that he was a trustworthy human being, but her name is what could get her killed here. She will not lie to the people that she trust, and she does not fully trust Aaron.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

She will get to know this Aaron while they take a trip together, and in the end, she'll tell him her name. You have to be careful who you give your name to from what she learned on the boat ride here.

"That's something for the end of our trip, but you can call me Luna for now."

Aaron nodded while taking her luggage from her, and placing it in the cart. She got up on the passenger side of the cart and waited for it to move. She was more excited to see what North of here looked like. From what she read in books it's really cold, and beautiful at the same time.

She was ready to explore the world through her eyes.

• • •

Aaron said that they'll reach the town called Winterfell, as Luna learned to call it. She was pretty excited and the closer they got the more you could see it on her face. Aaron told her that he personally knew Lord Stark and that he will take her under his wing for hospitality. Aaron pulls in front of the gates of Winterfell and stopped the wagon.

"All you have to do is go through that building, and tell them you're looking for Lord Stark. They'll show you the way."

Luna tried to remember what he just had told her, and nodded her head in thanks. Over to course of a few days, Luna has carefully watched Aaron see if he was trustworthy to be told her name. He was deemed trustworthy.

"By the way, my name is Luna Targaryen. You seemed trustworthy, so you now know my secret."

Aaron raised an eyebrow at her, at first glance she doesn't look like one. The brown hair would throw anyone off if they ever suspected that there were any Targaryens.

"I know the brown hair throws people off, but I was born this way for a reason, I guess."

Aaron lightly laughed, and pat Luna on the top of her head. He said he'll see her sometime soon; it'll be a little while before he could leave from the Wall. With that, he gave her luggage and left.

Luna started to walk towards were Aaron told her to go. She didn't even make two feet before she felt someone run into her. She looked down to see a little girl.

"Are you okay? Do you know where I could find Lord Stark?"

The girl was surprised that Luna's voice was so soft and quiet. She was like an angel sent from another world. It was normal for people to think that about her.

"I can take you to him." The girl grabbed her hand and started leading her in a different direction from what Aaron told her.

She was quite scared to talk with a lord from another land because that wasn't what she was used to. Their customs could be, and probably are different from those across the narrow sea. She was just a shy, quiet person that didn't really know how to talk to any lords in the seven kingdoms. They're probably not as different as from home, she kept telling herself, but this our real home.

"What's your name?" She quietly asked the girl.

"Mare," the girl answered with a smile on her face. "What's yours?"

"My name is, um, Luna Targaryen and please don't tell anyone. My friend told me to talk to Lord Stark about me staying here until I can get onto my own two feet."

Mare just nodded her head and took Luna through some big doors. There were a lot of people in the room, and that made her quite queasy. Everyone stopped to look at the two girls, mostly the one that they've never seen before. It made her a bit flustered as her cheeks started to turn bright red

"Mare, who is this?" Lord Stark asked the girl next to Luna. She was too busy trying to stop her flustered cheeks from becoming too red.

"She's Luna Targaryen and her friend told her to come here for help," Mare explained what she just told her outside. When they mentioned that she was a Targaryen most of their faces were in pure shock because of the hair.

"You are welcome here anytime. Stay as long as you need to get yourself situated."

"Thank you very much. I'm really grateful," Luna thanked, a smile replaced the scared look she bad.

She was very grateful that she could stay.

• • •
Chapter 3 is completed! I've been trying to make at least a thousand words. The story will start to follow the storyline in the next chapter.