06| lie

• • •

• • •

While the feast was still going on, Luna grabbed more chicken. She could feel eyes watching her every move, and she was terrified. What if they recognize her even though she didn't look like the normal Targaryen.

That couldn't happen, said one voice. They won't recognize you unless you tell them your name.

It could possibly happen, the other said. They've could've been looking for a Targaryen this whole time.

She agreed with both of the voices in her head, as they were both rights in some way. Deciding to be the positive person that she is; she's going to tell herself she is fine.

She looked back around the room again, and she made eye contact with the Queen once again. She watched as the Queen whispered to Lady Stark. Luna quickly looked down at her chicken.

Look at that, we're doomed, the voice said in her head. We're totally done for.

Her heart was beating extremely fast, not like when she's feeling that her heart's going to explode. This one was out of fear. Fear of getting caught by the smart people of Westeros, and the most powerful.

You have to be positive, the other voice said, it's nothing. Nothing bad will happen.

While Luna was having an internal conflict in her head, she didn't notice that someone was calling her name. She was too worried about the possibilities of meeting the Queen in person.

"Luna," Someone says to her, as she felt someone lightly nudging her. She looked up from her plate. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said while lightly smiling at Robb.

"My mother wants you for something," She nodded and stood up. "Please be careful okay, Luna?"

She laughed, softly before reassuring him with an "I will," before walking up to the table that held Lady Stark and the Queen. She couldn't help to want to walk slower that she was now.

She finally made it to the table and smiled. "You wanted me Lady Stark."

"Yes," hopefully she wouldn't have to interact with the Queen and move on with her life. "Luna the Queen wanted to meet you."

She nodded before realizing what Lady Stark had said to her. She felt her breathing stop for a moment and slightly looked at the Queen.

She lightly curtsy, "My Queen."

"So, your the famous Luna that Lady Stark talks about." She looks Luna up and down before smiling. "Well aren't you a beauty."

Luna smiled at the compliment and was relieved that she wasn't going to die today. Even though the Queen looks like she was interested in what people were saying, but it was all a lie.

Luna tells her where she's from, and lied about her house name. She told her that she didn't know where her father was, as she has never met him. That part wasn't a lie. She has never met her father, and as for her mother. She only caught a glimpse of her before she passed.

Luna walked back to the table where she was originally sat and wanted to laugh. She didn't know she was a good liar, and she did it. In front of a Queen. She looked around before her eyes looked at where Arya and Mare are at, laughing. Arya held up a spoon and flicks food at Sansa.

"Arya!"

Luna laughed really with some other people. Lady Starks signals a laughing Robb to handle Arya. He stops laughing and immediately gets up. Once Arya saw that her big brother was coming; she was pretending to eat until Robb picks her up.

"Time for bed." Arya rolls her eyes and walks out of the room. She really hoped that they had more feast like this since the only feast she ever been to wasn't really friendly. This is what she's been missing for the past seventeen years; the laughter of a crowd, and actually enjoying their company.

After the feast, she headed up to her room to finish the letter she wanted to send her sister. Before she left, she promised to always keep her updated on what's going on.

Lord Stark got her a snowy white owl as a present to being in Westeros for the first time. She gave Snowy the letter and walked to the window. She let Snowy go into the sky after instructed him where to go. Leaning against the window sill, and watched the owl fly away.

She went back to the chair that held the small chest with the dragon egg in it. She has heard stories about dragons all the time from reading countless books. She opened the chest; grabbing the egg to admire it. How could such a pretty animal go extinct? One day she wanted to see a real dragon.

There was a knock on the door, she put the egg back in the chest. She pushed it underneath the table before opening the door. Mare was moving back and forth on her heels.

"What's wrong, Mare?"

"Can you tell me stories, about you and your family?"

"Sure, yeah, come on in."

Mare got comfortable on Luna's bed waiting to be tucked in. Luna grabbed the cover and tucked Mare in on both sides. Once she was done, she sat down on the edge of the bed.

She told her the story about how she got lost in the market and almost got attacked by a goat. She was so engrossed in the story that she didn't realize Mare fell asleep.

In minutes she was too.

• • •
It's finally done. It's probably not the best, but I tried. The story will get more interesting, I promise! :)