07| falling

• • •

• • •

The next morni ng, Luna woke up at the end of her bed, and at the head of her bed was Mare. She tried to wake Mare up by shaking her on the shoulders.

"Mare, wake up."

Mare groans and rolls over, continuing to sleep. Luna sighed before getting up to dress for the day. Once she was done, she tried on last time to wake up Mare. She did the same thing as last time; rolled over and continued sleeping.

Luna walked around a path that was in the forest. She came across the tower with a wolf sitting in front of it, and a person climbing up the tower. She walked closer to it and saw that it was Bran.

She's has gotten closer to him over the time that she's been here, and also from Mare dragging her on their daily adventures.

"Please be careful, Bran." She yelled from the bottom as she stood next to the direwolf. So she was told that they were called by Arya.

He looks down, "I'll be fine. You can stay here and watch me if you want."

She smiled as she watched him climb the tower. She wished she could've climb like that when she was younger, but never had the freedom to. Bran stopped at a window; a hand grabbed his shirt and held him there.

She was frozen in her place, hoping that nothing bad would happen. She was wrong once again; before she could blink Bran was falling from the tower.

"Bran!" She screamed as he fell to the ground with a thud. She quickly ran to him to see if he was still breathing. I have to go find someone, she thought. She got up and ran towards Winterfell, bumping into every person that she passed.

When she made into the great hall, she found Lady Stark standing at the table talking with a handmaiden. The both of them turned with they heard hurried footsteps approaching them.

"What's the matter, Luna?"

"Bran was c-climbing—a-and someone pushed him off the wall of the tower. He's still breathing—I didn't know what to do, so I came back to find you." Luna had tears running down her cheeks.

Lady Stark followed Luna to where Bran was. He was still there when they got there along with his direwolf. She helped Lady Stark pick up Bran, and went to go find the Maester.

• • •

The hardest part was telling Mare; she was sitting next Luna crying her eyes out. As they were sitting outside of the medical room, waiting for good news. The Queen came by and smiled at the both of them.

"I can't believe he fell, he never falls." Mare cried, hugging Luna tightly. They stayed like that for awhile until the Queen walked out.

Mare went into the room, and closed the door behind her. Luna knew that she'd be in there for awhile, but she didn't mind waiting for a long time. She didn't have anything better to do today. They've been here since this morning waiting to see what could be the possibilities of anything.

She sat there alone for a few minutes, until someone sat next to her. She looked up and quickly smiled; probably one of the people that could make her smile in times like this.

"How are you holding up, Luna?"

"I don't know—I've never seen a child be pushed out of a window before. I guess you could say I'm traumatized."

"Everything will be okay."

"How can you be sure? Anything could happen to him. Mare isn't handling it very well–she must really like him?"

"I'm not sure–but stay positive, alright."

Luna nodded slightly; it turned silence again. She felt like she was going to cry again, so she scooted over. Luna and laid her head on his shoulder, leaning all her weight on him, as she felt safe in a way. She didn't know why, but that's what she felt when she did the unexpected action.

"Alright, I'll stay positive–just for you." She mumbled the last part to herself, hoping that no one hears it, even though it was just the two of them.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of them, but Luna couldn't help wondering who would push a innocent child out of a window. Who could be that cruel and push a child put of the window.

"Who do you think did it?"

"I don't know, Luna, we can only hope for the best."

She nodded a little before closing her eyes to wait for Mare to come out, if she comes out. She realized that overtime Mare loved Bran strongly that she'd do anything for him. Even never leaving his side until he wakes from his coma.

One day she hopes that she'd find someone that she could take care of someone with love; with someone that she truly loves. It's only true love if the feelings are requited; then the love can do so many things. She had read that line when she was in her early teenage years, and she still believes that quote is true.

And she'd hoped it was very soon.

• • • 

chapter seven is done! only three more chapters until my favorite chapter—i hope that this was enjoyable, and don't forget to leave feedback! have a good night/day.