"That promise light, the string called 'hope'"

The loud noise of the aircraft continued as it soared through the air.

Everyone reminded quiet as tears choked up in your eyes. Commander Hanji had always been like a mother to you. It didn't help already that the whole survey corps basically raised you as a kid. Erwin, Levi, and Hanji were basically your parents for years. And seeing them all die like flies made you sick.

After all, that's how this all started..

.

"Hey! Look! The scouts are coming back!" The brown haired boy pointed towards the entrench of the Gate. Sounds of the large bell that was played everytime the soilders would come home after a long mission outside the walls. "Come on you guys! We gotta go see!" Eren grabbed Mikasa and Armins hand as he ran down the hill like a wild animal, excited.

Happy to finally see everyone home you gave Erwin a hug and attempted one to Levi but was quickly denied. You looked closer at the commanders face, seeing the sadness in his eyes, "Errie," you said, calling him by your child hood nickname. The man snapped back into reality looking at you, "ah, y/n.. how were you when I was gone?" He asked, trying to brighten the mood.

"I was good, Me and Hanji and Moblit played chess and-"

"Look! That commander Erwin! He's the commander of the scouts!" You were quickly cut off at the sound of a young boy, about your age and 2 other kids, one blonde, one with black hair being dragged around by their friend. "Eren thats disrespect they were talking," The Raven haired girl said, looking at me.

"Oh! Sorry!" Eren apologized.

Erwin gave a small chuckle at the sight, "It's quite alright I'm used to it,"

"I can't wait till one day I'm a scout," the boy named Eren said, excited.

"Hm.. well I'm sure you'd make an amazing one in a few years future cadet," The man with bushy eyebrows saluted with a smile.

"One with the brats huh Erwin? You ought to already be one of them," Levi scowled, sipping from his tea cup. "Oh Levi hush, it's not like you ever spend some time around kids," he argued, "maybe if you would you'd be a bit more happier,"

"Ugh, I don't need happiness this is a war for gods sake, I need contentment, and I'm contented with not being a baby sitter"

"I'll be right back y/n, give me a moment," Erwin said, standing up. "Oh okay.." you said, awkwardly. "Wait so you know the commander?" The brown haired kid said, "uhh, well yeah actually^^" you replied, " I live with them,"

"Huh!?" He said shocked, "how!? You're so lucky!"

"Well, actually I don't have any parents, I was found in a cabin near the woods in wall rose, I'm not even sure what my mom looked like,"

"Eren!" The Raven haired girl snapped at him, "don't ask about something that personal, you don't know if they're sensitive to it or not,"

"Oh no it's fine really!" You laughed it off, "I just think that it's cool living with the scouts! God you're so lucky! What's your name?" He asked.

"It's y/n right?" The blonde kid came out from behind The other too, peeking over their shoulders like a scared dog. "Oh, yeah! What about you guys?" You said back, "I'm eren, and this is Mikasa and Armin," Eren said with a smile, "I kick armins bullies ass 24/7 so I'm sure as hell gonna be an awesome scout when I'm older," Flattering himself.

"You're Mikasa?" I said to the Raven haired girl, "yes," "You have such a unique name, it's pretty," you said with a soft smile. "Thank you," she said, latching onto Eren. "Anyways we need to go get firewood," Mikasa explained, "Your mom will have a fit if we aren't home in 10 minutes,"