A much needed talk

"How do you know my name?" I say as I calm down a bit. For some reason I have a feeling I can trust this guy.

"It is on the wanted poster..." Gundren says while he points at the poster on the wall.

"Oh... Right" I put my hand behind my head.

"I'm kidding, Doctor." he says with a smile "You may not like this, but I have been keeping an eye on you for some while."

"Some while....?" I say

"A year, maybe a bit longer" says Gundren

"You have been stalking me?! For a year!" i say angry

"I would not call it stalking, more like making sure you're okay" says Gundren

"Why?" I ask

"Because you are not who you say you are." says Gundren a bit angry

"What?! I yell

"Last week, I saw you steal six loaves of bread from a stand on the market." says Gundren

"So? I was starving" I say annoyed.

"And why did you give five of those loaves to the children on the street? Asks Gundren while raising his eyebrows.

"Because they were starving as well!" I yell

"The same day you pickpocket some money to later give it to a sick elderly woman, so she could buy her medicine." he says

"Yeah, I saw her begging for money, but no one even looked at her. So, I went up to her, we talked a bit and stole enough money and gave it to her." I explain "You spoke to her?"

"Yes. And tonight, you saved a young girl from three men in an alley, while you were on your way to assassinate someone" says Gundren "I can keep going if you want, you did way more than those three things"

"Wait! How do you know about this gig?" I say confused, "And you saw the whole thing? How?"

"I have connections, you know." smiles Gundren "And you are not the only one who can climb ladders."

I look down.

"You have a good heart kid, you risk your lives for others. I respect that. But there are more ways to help people besides stealing" says Gundren "This city needs more people like you."

"Thank you" I say while I look back up.

"I have a question for you." says Gundren "The way you fight is interesting. Where did you learn to fight like that?"

"Here, in this basement and the underground arena" I say

"Liar." smirks Gundren

"Excuse me!" I snarl at him

"Dochor" he looks at me with a disappointed look "The way you fight is very monk-like.

My eyes widen.

"It is the way you move, it is very fluent. Also you are very acrobatic, you ran up a wall and jumped off with a flip. The way you fought the first guy, you used his own force against him. I only see monks fight like that." explains Gundren. "I have seen monks fight before."

"Me, a monk? Don't make me laugh." I say a bit angry

"How old are you right now?" asks Gundren

"Wouldn't you know that by now?" I say while folding my arms

"Just answer the question." says Gundren

"Jeez." I say "23."

"How long have you been in this city?" asks Gundren

"My whole life." I say

"You are lying again." Gundren sighs "Dochor, you can trust me. Please take a seat."

With an angry look, I walk to the couch and sit down. Gundren takes the seat next to me.

For a minute or two we sit on my couch in silence, I sigh and begin to talk.

"For the first eighteen years of my life, I have been a monk. I lived, trained and went to school in a temple high up in the mountains."

"Why are you keeping this a secret?" asks Gundren

"Because something very, very bad happened. And I will never forgive myself for what I did." My eyes water a bit.

"Does this have anything to do with your nightmares?" Gundren asks

"Yes" I sniff, I am not even going to ask how he knows about my nightmares.

"Would you like to talk to me about your past and your dreams?" Gundren asks

"You know what, screw it. I will. I can trust you, right?" I ask Gundren, as I look at him. Maybe this is the help Johnathan was talking about.

He nods

"Okay, where to begin?" I ask

"Where ever you like" says Gundren

I take a deep breath and begin my story