Freeing the Sun

I DO NOT own Percy Jackson or Dark Souls. Rick Riordan owns Percy Jackson, and Dark Souls is owned by From Software.

I looked around the forest that surrounded me. Trees and bushes littered the soft white ground. Little white flakes were falling from the sky as it snowed. The trees were covered with the white substance, green of the trees contrasting with the white of the snow created a very beautiful picture. I took a deep breathtaking this new world. I let it out before looking at the sky, there was no sign of sun, just gray clouds as far as the eyes could see. I could hear the little chirps of the animals, the rustle of the snow, and leaves as they moved along the ground. The air was cold and sharp but I was used to extreme temperatures now.

I looked around and could only see trees and snow for miles. And the sky gave me no clear sign on which way North, West, East, or South was. I sighed before spinning in my spot, I stopped after a few seconds and tried my best to gain my senses back. I looked in the direction I was facing and started to walk the opposite way. I gritted my teeth as the branches, the bushes, and the snow slowed me down significantly. It also didn't help that I was wearing armor that was getting snagged into every little branch that you could see. I let out an irritated sigh before deciding to take off my armor. I took off my helmet and chest plate but kept the gauntlets and leggings on.

Without my helmet and chest plate on you could now see how I looked. I hadn't looked at my reflection in a long time but the last time I checked I had short silver/gray hair with blue and orange eyes. My body was well-toned and muscled but that was the last thing on my mind. I groaned in annoyance as the bushes smacked against me. Hopefully, I would be out of the woods soon. I trudged onwards my teeth slightly chattering as I had no protection from the bitingly cold temperature now. I rubbed my arms trying my best to get as much heat as possible, but it wasn't working well at all.

After debating for some time with myself, I put my chest plate back on but kept the helmet in my inventory. It was still slightly annoying that the branches would catch onto my chest plate but it was a hell of a lot better than freezing to death. I moved forward I still didn't see any signs of anybody else being here. I was about to give up and use a homeward bone back to the bonfire but then I noticed something. A few feet away from me was some ripped clothing with some splattered blood. 'The red really does look nice against the white color of the snow 'I thought to myself. Anyway, I noticed that the blood continued on through the forest, feeling excited that I may have found who I was looking for I ran after the trail of blood.

But I was still cautious of my surroundings, you never know what could attack you if your guard was lowered. While following the trail I noticed that there seemed to be multiple footsteps in the snow. I would count at least 7 or 8 people who were traveling together. I quickly took out my Astora Great Sword to be safe and carried it onwards. And then I heard a scream followed by a roar, my eyes widened and I rushed towards the sound as fast as I could. The air stung my face and my lungs were burning but I kept on running towards the sound. Then the snow started to act weird around me, it started to melt and it turned into water. The water then rushed towards the source of the noise and I ran after it. I could now hear the battle, I heard metal clashing against metal, I heard lightning bolts, water balls? and fireballs being thrown, I also heard a voice and I wondered what type of idiot would waste their breath talking while fighting.

I crashed through the bushes coming upon a clearing where I saw 5 men and women fighting a man in some sort of beige tunic with green sleeves at the end and with chainmail linking across his arms and forearms. For some reason, the figure looked familiar to me. I also saw a man and woman and the edge of the clearing where they looked at being knocked out. I didn't quite have enough time to analyze everything as the 5 people also turned on me their faces filled with slight fear and determination.