epilogue

Liam couldn't believe it. After all this time, he could hear his voice again. Sure, Liam could watch interviews or podcasts and hear Zayn's voice, but that wasn't the same.

"Can you hear me Liam?"

Zayn's soft and gentle, but still raspy voice as if he has just woken up was talking to him.

"Yes.", Liam quietly whispered, scared that Zayn could end this phone call any minute.

"I- I wanted to apologize for never answering your text messages. That i never had the braveness to talk to you, how i really feel. I'm a coward for that.
What did Shakespeare once say?
»Did my heart love till now? Foresweare it's sight, for I've never seen true beauty till this night.«
I realized what i put you through and how wrong it was.
Guess my brain just realized that my heart wants you since the day we met. I'm not asking for forgiveness, because i know i don't deserve this. I'm asking you for a fresh start, because i know that you deserve one.", the raven haired man speaks.

Liam can't hold it in anymore, he's quietly sobbing with his phone against his ear. Tears are making their way down his rosy cheeks.

"I- I don't know Zayn. You hurt me. But I still have feelings for you and I-.."

As Liam wanted to finish his sentence, he heard a knock at his door. Who could it possibly be this late? He walked to his door and slowly opened it, ready to tell some fans that they should respect his privacy.
But, it wasn't just some fans. It is his biggest fan.

Liam took the phone off his ear, letting it slide on the ground. He's purely shocked and couldn't seem to find words so he kept it simple.

"Zayn?"

Zayn takes Liam's shaking hands lovingly. Liam looks rough and his hair is pointing in all directions. He looks vulnerable.

"I love you, Liam."

Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace!
And, lips, oh you the doors of breath,
seal with a righteous kiss a dateless
bargain engrossing death!