𝖎𝖎. A Thousand Screams

02.

a thousand screams

Akane hates using Mind Warping, no matter how trivial its usage is depending on the situation. She can do something as simple as reading someone's minds and altering memories but she is also well capable of manipulating people's minds without their awareness. Despite having control over her abilities, the discomfort has always been present.

Reluctantly, she agreed to Fushiguro's demands to use her Cursed Technique on the school receptionist in order to find more information on the pink haired boy. In her defense, Fushiguro's death glare almost got to her, and what kind of a jujutsu sorcerer is she anyway if she can't even use her own Cursed Technique?

So by using the Cursed Technique she hates, Akane finds out everything she can about the pink haired boy. Itadori Yuji has somehow gained possession of the Special Grade Object. He's a first year student at Miyagi Sugisawa Municipal High School and lived with his grandfather for most of his life who has now been hospitalized for a few months. Akane assumes the reason the pink haired boy was in a rush earlier was so he could meet his granddad. Still, his inhumane speed made her skeptical.

He is also a part of the school's Occult Club- that only confirmed the facts about Itadori's possession of Sukuna's finger.

"I'll go to the hospital, you stay here." Fushiguro says with his phone in hand. They'd just spoken to Gojo to give an update of the current situation. "You keep watch here and contact me if you find anything fishy. We can't take risks."

Akane nods her head, "Okay. Give me my Cursed Tool."

Fushiguro gives her a wary look, probably about to protest but with a shake of his head, he checks their surroundings to make sure there aren't any onlookers, and then summons Akane's trusted sword from his shadow.

Under the orange gleam of the setting sun, the Sword of the Crescent Moon shines with all its glory. Her katana is, indisputably, the only good thing her family has given her. The Sword is a Special Grade Cursed Tool that the Amano's have owned for a thousand years.

The Sword of the Crescent Moon is the strongest cursed weapon that the Amano clan possesses. In fact, the sword in Akane's hand is the same sword that her most famous ancestor who was just as cursed as her, Amano Mito, used in her battle against Ryomen Sukuna.

The katana is a rare Special Graded tool. When infused with cursed energy, it bears unbelievable power. Despite the loud exuberation in its title, the Mikazuki Katana is nothing but an ordinary sword. It was the wrath of the Amano's that made the sword powerful. The Sword has seen many generations and has been wielded by many different Amano's throughout the centuries, and each time the power of the sword varied. Sometimes it's too weak to even be considered a Cursed Tool, and sometimes- rather, just one time- it was strong enough to make the King of Curses bleed to an extent that his Reserved Cursed Technique failed.

The Sword has never become as deadly as it did when Mito possessed it. The Mikazuki Katana under Mito's ownership procured its own Cursed Energy, intense enough that it was even classified as a Curse rather than a Cursed Tool. Amano Mito was once the strongest being to exist, and she turned her own tool into a curse incarnate. Akane's family has always referred to Mito's sword as Onimaru. The demon that was Mito's sword left a scar on Sukuna's skin hasn't returned... yet.

There was just one reason why Amano Akito entrusted Akane with the sword- she firmly believed that Akane could bring out the sleeping oni once more. The demon sword reigned for the first time with Mito, and Akane must be the second to do it. As though there isn't already enough pressure on Akane, now she has to ensure her Cursed Tool transforms into a deadly curse so she can complete her life's one purpose. If she ends the Cursed Spirit that she is meant to with Onimaru, there wouldn't be a need to raise the devil for a third time.