𝖎𝖛. Little Sister

04.

little sister

Akane knows she is special. She knows that there is no one like her, and there will be no one like her even a hundred years in the future. Throughout her life, she has been called so many things, the most prominent ones being 'Amano's Salvation' or 'the Amano Curse'. Akane doesn't know which title she hates more. Every day she'd wonder 'why me?'. She certainly does not want to live a life where she just can't catch a break, but with the legacy that waits to fulfil itself in Akane's bare hands, the girl knows she has no other choice.

Akane has had a rough couple of days- there is no doubt about that. Being the way she is, even her family refused to treat her like the normal child that she was. Normal- obviously, that's a lie. Akane was never normal, to begin with, not even during the first moments of her birth since that was when her fate was decided.

So yes, Akane is used to having rough and stressful days. But she can't remember the last time she was so bothered by the road her life was taking- until Sukuna. The questions are growing inside her head, her doubts about herself overweigh everything that her family has taught her to be. Akane knows she had every right to be angry with her family- how can she not? They lied to her about her curse. They should have told her it was Ryomen Sukuna she was meant to kill, the very demon who brought destruction to the Amano clan centuries ago.

The fury built inside her chest magnified with every step she's taking towards the training room where she was sure Gojo would be. Truthfully, she has no reason to be this mad at her teacher but Akane is desperate to let go of the rage, and Gojo seems like the perfect victim for that. In her mind, her common sense knows that she should just kill Yuuji, or rather, Sukuna and call it a day, but every time she looks at the pink-heard boy and his sunny smile and innocent eyes, she can't bring herself to do anything to harm the boy.

Rather, she feels the dire need to protect him.

She basically kicks open the door to the training room and as she foresaw, Gojo is present along with Megumi in an awkward position as the white-haired man pins Megumi to the floor, locking all his limbs so that his student is practically motionless.

Megumi flushes red in embarrassment when he notices Akane look at him in that position, which causes Gojo to smirk. He doesn't loosen his grip on Megumi on purpose. "A-ka-Nee!" Gojo squeals like a little kid which makes Akane roll her eyes. "Had a nice nap?"

Akane huffs, folding her arms as she looks directly into Gojo's celestial blue eyes. He was wearing his sunglasses today but cheekily took them off, eager to beat Akane in this staring contest.

"Uh..." Megumi interrupts said staring contest, narrowing his dark eyes at Gojo. "Spar's over right? You can stop clinging to me now."

"Aw, but this is quite cosy," Gojo boops Megumi's nose which makes the teen scrunch his face. "Don't you think?"

"No." Megumi deadpans. "Get out."

"Yes, Gojo." Akane joins in. "Get out. I need to talk to you. Now."

Gojo mutters 'you're so annoying' under his breath but finally lets go of Megumi who dusts his uniform, glaring at Gojo. He eyes Akane carefully near the door, giving her a small smile. Akane tries not to frown at this- Megumi isn't much of a smiler, just like her, so she can't bring it in her to smile back.

"Are you better now?" He asks.

Akane nods slowly. "Yeah. I just have a little headache, but it's nothing I can't deal with."