𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Her Sanctuary

08.

her sanctuary

Death has been a silent prayer on Amano Akane's tongue for a long time now. Ever since she was five, ever since she was cursed. It lingered behind her like a persistent bee agonizing you, but it never stings. You just continue to live with the fear that at any given moment the bee will change its mind and sting you, and the poison will seep into your heart and stop it.

Perhaps that was what happened to Akane, an inexplicable heart attack had been fatal as proved. She was dead for almost twenty four hours until suddenly she wasn't anymore.

During the time of her death, Akane knew she wasn't in just any outward place. The cursed energy bombarding her inside her body is a clear sign to her and during her death, she was in close contact with a dark entity. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out who it is.

Sukuna. Ryōmen Sukuna, the King of Curses. Akane has been hunting inside her mind ever since her heart started beating once more, trying to find a hint as to what actually happened.

She gets nothing out of her brain, and the chills alone cause the hair on her body to stand. Sukuna has planned something and she cannot tell what.

"Yo."

Akane moves her eyes from the ground to the white haired man in front of her, his wide grin complete contrast to the tone of his greeting. "Yo." Akane says back, surprising both herself and Gojo.

She can see the outline of eyes widening through his blindfold. "Did my ears deceive me or did I hear Amano Akane use slang for the first time in her life?"

Akane rolls her heterochromatic eyes. "Don't be so dramatic, but you can say that Yuuji is very influential."

Gojo exhales in relief, a hand over his chest. If his eyes were visible, they would have been sparkling. "I really should thank him for teaching you some culture!" He suddenly pulls out his large thumb, practically shoving it on Akane's face. "I approve! You two would make a cute couple!"

Akane's eyes widen, and she feels the blood rush to her cheeks. "What? Stop talking nonsense! We're both your students."

Gojo snickers like a teenager at his student's reaction and pokes her nose. She slaps his hand away. "You said the same thing about Fushiguro. Are you that desperate for me to have a love life?"

"Yes, I am. You're too lonely, Akane." The sorcerer hums in thought. "Well, if I said anything about Megumi I would take it back. My blessings are with you and Yuuji! You even have a red string attached to him, you're practically soulmates!"

"Stop it!" Akane flushes, her cheeks turning hot. Gojo can't help but laugh at her reaction, and the dual haired girl looks away in embarrassment. "Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be visiting my clan?"

To the outside world, Akane and Yuuji are still dead. Even their own classmates and the Amano clan don't know that they're very much alive, although they were dead for a few minutes. There are no real explanations for their revival, much less about Akane's death, but Gojo had guessed it had to do something with her curse.

Akane had disagreed with him, remembering how sick she felt on the day of her death. She wasn't herself, her thoughts were erratic and her heartbeat kept racing the entire time for no reason. She kept fainting and losing sense of reality. Her palms were inexplicably sweaty and her breath was ragged.

Akane thinks she had a panic attack back then and she reckons her heart attack had something to do with that. How could something as mundane as a heart attack be jujutsu related?