Chapter 4: Ante

As I closed the door, saying goodbye to my last patient of the week, I smiled thinking of the weekend that awaited me. I couldn't wait for Nazar to discover what I had prepared. I quickly said goodbye to Imogen before leaving the building and made my way toward a shop to buy what was missing. I bought a bottle of alcohol and some food that I knew we didn't have at home and paid for the items before leaving and making my way back home.

"I'm back!" I shouted as I closed the door behind me. I put what I bought on a counter in the kitchen and smiled as I saw Nazar leave the living room and enter the kitchen. I walked up to him and took him in my arms. "Hey, I bought the last things needed for our little weekend..." 

"I can't wait..." He whispered, a smile on his face before giving me a quick kiss.

"What would you say if I asked you if you wanted to start our weekend a little sooner and go to the restaurant with me tonight?"

His eyes widened slightly at my suggestion and he exclaimed a few seconds later. "I would need to get ready first!"

"You look good. We're going to eat. We're not going to walk on a red carpet." I chuckled at his reaction, tightening my arms around him a little more.

I let him go and let him put his shoes on before taking his hand into mine and we left the house. We went to a restaurant in the center of the city and managed to get a table in a corner which was perfect. I read him the menu softly and ordered our meals once we picked what we wanted.

"It's been a while since we went to the restaurant in a more romantic way..." Nazar said in a low voice as his hand reached for mine from accross the table.

"I agree. We should really make some efforts to do it more often. It's always good to be reunited, especially after so many years together..." I replied, squeezing his hand into mine.

"If you would have been told when we first met that this would be our life, would you have believed it?" He suddenly asked, a smile forming on his lips.

"No way. Even nowadays when I wake up, I still can't believe you're really next to me and that this is our life..." I answered, a soft smile appearing on my lips as I watched him get embarrassed. It wasn't something that happened often.

"Stop, you're going to make me blush..." He said in a low voice with a slight chuckle before adding. "I'm really glad we decided to give it a chance..."

Words couldn't express how much I loved this man. I kissed his hand softly before letting it go when I saw that a server was walking toward us with plates full of food. The whole dinner was spent in a joyous and romantic mood and we left the restaurant once I paid for our food. Once back home, we immediately went into our bedroom to continue the great night we were having...

♂+♂=♥

I woke up with Nazar's sleeping head on my chest, making me smile softly. He still looked as handsome as when I first met him. I could feel one of his hands on my thigh and I tried to remove it softly without waking him up but failed miserably. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up... You can stay in bed while I prepare the breakfast." I whispered before placing a small kiss on his forehead.

He mumbled something incomprehensible, making me chuckle slightly and I left the bed as quietly as possible. I put a pair of underwear and a T-shirt on before making my way into the kitchen to prepare something to eat. I started making an omelet before preparing some toasts and added some strawberry jam on it. When that was done, I took two empty glasses that I filled with orange juice. I put everything on a trail and walked up the stairs, being careful not to fall. Once in the bedroom, I was greeted by Nazar sitting on the bed and passing a hand through his hair. I could see the covers around his waist, just high enough to hide his intimacy.