Chapter 35: Nazar

Time always flies by while on holiday and this wasn't an exception. We just came back into our room after a fun day around the swimming pool. 

"Ethan, would you like to sleep in Martha and Jonathan's room tonight? They have an extra bed just like yours here." Ante asked in a gentle voice.

I paid attention to the conversation, curious to know how things were going to evolve. 

"Why? I already have a bed here." Ethan asked in a slightly confused voice.

"I wouldn't mind some alone time, if you agree."

"But you're not alone? Nazar is still there! Is he coming with me?"

Hearing his questions and the confusion in his voice make me smile and I did my hardest not to laugh out loud.

"I-No. But I was hoping to let the bed to Nazar and sleep in yours instead. His snores keep waking me up." Ethan giggled slightly at these words while I did my best not to say anything. I didn't snore! "Do you want to go see the room before making a decision?"

"Okay. If I don't like it, you could sleep there? Nazar's snores never woke me up." He said this in such an innocent voice that I couldn't stop myself from laughing slightly.

"We will see about that." Ante answered back and it was easy to hear he was smiling.

I heard them leave the room a minute later and I took this opportunity to lay down on the bed and close my eyes. My headache had been going on and off since we got there, especially in the mornings and evenings. I couldn't understand why and if it had something to do with us being on a boat or not. I debated on telling Ante about it. The holidays were almost over so he could schedule a meeting with a doctor but it seemed pointless. It was just a headache after all. I didn't want him to worry for nothing.

I lost track of time, too lost in my thoughts and only came back on Earth when I heard the door being opened. I paid attention, trying to guess if he was alone or if Ethan came back with him. I felt the left side of the bed dip slightly a few seconds later.

"Unless I get a phone call, we're alone for tonight." Ante said, making me smile.

"How did you manage to convince him?" I asked curiously as I crawled a little closer to him.

"I didn't do much. They had already prepared the bed and added some plushies they bought on one of the stores here on the boat. And they even got a board game to play this evening before going to sleep." He explained before adding. "Before leaving, he wished me good luck with your snores."

I could hear he was trying not to laugh as I gently pushed him away from me. "Yeah, well the good thing is that there's a free bed now so you should sleep there." I said, purposely turning away from him.

He laughed a little louder and I felt him pulling my back closer to his torso. "Are you going to sulk the whole evening?" He whispered close to my ear.

"Yes."

"Alright. I thought you might enjoy this opportunity but I might as well catch up some sleep then." He teased, making me smile.

A waited a few seconds before turning around. Who was I to turn down such an opportunity?

"You know what? I changed my mind. And my head doesn't hurt that bad." I said as I pulled him into my arms.

"What? Your head is hurting? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked a few centimeters away from me. "Wait, I always have some painkillers in my bag."

He pulled away from me and I heard the noise of a bag being opened. I felt something in my hands a minute later and I thanked him. If I knew he had painkillers in his bag, I would have told him earlier! He handed me a bottle a few seconds after and I took the pill with a few gulps of water.

"Thank you. So, where did we stop?" I stated after putting the bottle on a nightstand which was next to the bed. I didn't want this little interruption to ruin our night.

"You're unbelievable." He chuckled. "You're sure you're fine?"

"I'm sure, no worries." I answered, pulling him closer before kissing his lips softly. 

One of my hands went straight to his hair while the other stayed on his back, moving up and down in a slow motion. Feeling him shiver under my touch made me smile into the kiss. No matter how many years passed, I loved knowing the power a simple touch could still have over him. I removed the hand that was in his hair and put it under his shirt instead. I felt the soft touch of his skin before feeling the cracked skin as my hand traveled more on the left side of his chest. Knowing that we had all night, I wanted to take things slowly like we used to and enjoy this moment as much as possible. I gently pushed him until his back was against the mattress without breaking the kiss. Tonight sounded perfect...

♂+♂=♥

The first thing I felt when I woke up was the pain in my head which was a lot stronger than yesterday soon followed by nausea. I removed myself from Ante's arms and made my way as quickly as possible to the toilets. I kneeled in front of it but nothing came out.

"Are you alright?" Ante asked and I could hear the concern in his voice.

"Just a headache and nausea but it will pass. I might have caught something."

"Do you want me to book an appointment to the doctor for when we go back in Plymouth?"

"Today is our last day here so let's see if it gets better first. You could always book an appointment once we're back home if I still feel like that." I told him as I got up.

"Alright. Wait, I'll give you another painkiller."

I felt another pill in my hand a few minutes later and I put it in my mouth, swallowing it with some water. "So, no messages from Martha?" I asked, hoping some conversation would distract me from the pain I felt.

"No, nothing. I take this as a great news. I just sent her a message to ask when we should meet for breakfast. In the meantime, do you want to shower first? It might help you feel better."

I nodded and went into the bathroom. I immediately went into the shower and let the hot water fall on my back. It felt good. The pressure in my head became a little more bearable but I didn't know if it was thanks to the shower or the painkiller. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist before leaving the bathroom to take clean clothes. As I was dressing myself, I could hear the shower was on, making me smile. These two weeks really flew by so fast. We left the room not too long after as Ante led us toward the restaurant for our last breakfast here.

"Hello!!" Ethan exclaimed as I sat on a chair. 

I smiled at the joy in his voice. "Hey, how are you?"

"Great! Do you want to touch my plush? It's a clownfish!"

I felt something soft in my hands a few seconds later and I carefully touched it. "I'm sure it's beautiful." I replied, handing my hand and waiting for him to take it back.

"How was your night? Did you sleep well?" Ante asked next to me.

"Yes. Martha said I could take the night light with me at home!" He answered before adding. "Did you sleep in my bed?"

"No, it was fine. Nazar promised not to snore too much." Ante said, making Ethan giggle.

I mentally rolled my eyes at this. I was pretty sure I didn't snore and Ante knew it. I pinched his leg discreetly in return. Before I could remove my hand, he had taken it in his and squeezed it slightly. I smiled and concentrated on Ethan's words. It seemed like he had a lot of fun yesterday which was great. I bet Ante felt relieved. I did my best to ignore the dull pain in my head that refused to go completely and tried to enjoy as much as possible this last day before we had to come back to normal life...