Chapter Three: Dreams

~ oOo ~

The Goddess of Death

Calla

She was running, her footsteps hit the ground thumping beneath her. The sound of her breathing was abnormally loud; it was echoing around her. Probably because she was homing onto the scene in front of her, where she wanted to be - where she needed to be - and she had to get there quickly without any distractions.

Tears ran down her face as she watched the lightshow that wasn't a celebration but a battle of survival. Her throat felt closed and her heart heavy with the knowledge of what was going to happen.

She frowned at the fighting duo that suddenly came in front of her. She didn't need this; she had to get to him quickly because he was all she had left. "Furunculus!" She snarled as boils burst out along the uncovered arms of the death eater making him howl with pain and move out of the way in shock.

"Incendio!" She flung the spell towards another fighting trio of wizards, she aimed for the ones dressed in black robes and fire burned them, freeing the wizard who appeared to be a couple of years to her junior.

She watched as someone on a broom flew over everyone's heads, casting spells into the chaos. Fallen bodies lay discarded on the ground, their glassy eyes staring upwards unseeingly.

"Lumos Maximus!" She shouted at the people ahead of her, a bright light blinded everyone for a minute. But she raced passed without a backwards glance to see the distraction she'd caused.

"REDUCTO!" Someone shouted and the shop wall behind her exploded causing screams to ring out, but she didn't want to stop. He needed her.

What looked to be a small family who'd at one point been enjoying a day out stood cowered surrounded by two death eaters. "Protego!" A shield sprung up in front of the children and adults, before a purple spell hit them, the relief in their eyes was clearly visible as they turned towards their savior. "FIGHT BACK!" She screamed at them, in utter bewilderment at why they weren't using their wands and knowledge of spells to their advantage.

She rolled her eyes at their combined shocked faces. "Glacius!" The two death eaters froze as the freezing spell hit them, ice creeping along from where the spell hit. "Carpe Retractum!" A rope tied them up for good measure in case they managed to be defrosted anytime soon. She shook her head and left the family behind; hopefully they would take her advice or try to leave.

"Crucio!" A scream rang out from someone in front of her, a large man stood over an old woman as she shrieked in pain. She was curled in a ball as he laughed down at her.

"Diffindo!" She sliced her arm through the air throwing the spell towards the man who was torturing the old woman. It hit his side and immediately he stopped laughing to look down at his bleeding torso in confusion. He looked up and his eyes found her before he kneeled over.

"Stupefy!" She heard someone call from behind her, she dodged by swerving slightly to the side, and saw at the edge of her sight as it hit another death eater instead.

"Melofors!" She cried out as she noticed a familiar duo of twins. Their attacker spun round and was hit with the spell head on, her head shaking until it shook then was suddenly encased with an overlarge pumpkin. Muffled shrieks came from the covered head as the woman stumbled around and tried to take it off with her hands.

"Locomotor Mortis!" Both twins shouted simultaneously, hitting the stumbling death eater and making them fall down with the force of the two leg-locker curses combined.