Lost and Found

" I should have been there for you, and Eileen...I'm Estelle Prince, your mothers twin sister."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly my mind seems to be catching up with me, the ache in my chest remains, causing the lump in my throat to start becoming almost painful. The face in front of me is very beautiful. Her pale skin is clear and looks soft to the touch, Her hair seems long, it reaches the floor while she's sitting. Most noticeable, her eyes seem to pull me into a trace, bottle green eyes peered at him, filled with a sadness he couldn't place. "You said you're my mum's sister...h-how?"

He had never met anyone on his mum's side, she said that her family disowned her for marrying Tobias; while they didn't hate muggles or discriminate against them, they didn't particularly like them, and Tobias didn't give them a reason to enjoy his presence. Of course, at the time, they didn't know she was pregnant with him during the sudden marriage. In the end she ran away, after that they officially disowned her. So why would her sister be here? And how did she even find us? If she came because of Mum, then how did she know? It just happened.

"I had a special connection to my sister, we were really close as kids, so we bound ourselves to each other, I was able to know if anything bad happened to her, I've always had the ability to find her. When I came knocking begging her to come home, and that Mum, and Dad would accept you, she made me leave. She told me a closely guarded secret and instructed me to find you if anything ever happened to her, regardless of the cause." She paused for a moment, allowing me to absorb this information. A closely guarded secret though? What's that about? Why would Mum ask her sister to come after me if something happened though? If she didn't leave when her own sister begged her to, then why would she want me to go now, without her.

"Why did she want me to go with you?" Estelle paused, a look of anguish passed through her features, but it was soon gone, and in place of it was determination.

"I will tell you, but not here. You must agree to come with me. It's not safe." I felt like she wasn't lying, nor was she a bad person. But years of deception have caused me to be overly distrustful of others, even if there is no denying that she is in some way related to my mother. "I know, you must have trouble being trustful of me. I can do nothing but show you that I am not a bad person. I will not force you to come with me, but I won't stop trying to convince you. It was my sister's last wish that I protect you, and keep you safe from any harm. You can't exactly be safe here." She gestured vaguely to our surroundings. Honestly she isn't wrong, I would much prefer to leave with her. But...how can I go? Everything related to mother is here, in this crappy, run down house that we could barely afford.

Everything I ever cared for was here in this house, I became the person I am today in this house, I lost everything here. How can I just leave? But it's mum's last request.

I look down at the floor, I examine the rotten wood as they creak and move with every motion I make. I glance around the house, barren walls, and chipped, cracked paint. Mum tried to clean everything well, but I can still see the beer cans and broken glass in my mind. I think about the basement with it's whips and chains and knives, how I tried to pretend I was ok, how I tried my best to hide it from Mum, how I was forced to keep it from Mum, though I never really understood, "punishments are normal for children who misbehave." That's what Father always said.

I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head, the memories are painful to think about, the scars covering my body prove that well enough. I feel numb right now. All I ever wanted, all I ever wished for, was a happy family, where my parents loved each other, where I felt relaxed and free from any problems at school. I had given up on the delusion that it would actually happen, but I always hoped that I'd leave with Mum one day and now...now I'm really, truly...alone.

Alone. Is that what I'm destined to be!? Alone and weak, and hurt forever!? Was I simply brought into this world merely to suffer pain after pain until I die, alone and haunted by the pain of my miserable life?

"Severus," I flinch at the soft voice and gentle hand on my shoulder. "Come back with me, you will be treated properly and fairly,  and get you healthy. Please come with me." I looked into this woman's eyes, I could only find kindness and honesty, but maybe that scared me more, the fact that someone could look at me with eyes so kindly and believable. But I lost Mum, she was my last lifeline. She was all I had! A moment ago I was on the floor crying and balling and the pain of her loss hit full swing. But right now, I feel numb, like a void of endless darkness, it really didn't matter what happened to me now.

"Ok. I'll go. But, I want to take Mum's things back with me, and I have to gather my stuff as well." Estelle was ecstatic, her whole face seemed to light up.

"Wonderful, and of course you can bring everything with you! Just show me where everything is and I can pack them up instantly." Right magic, I'd almost forgotten. We're wizards and witches. "And don't worry Sev. These men and women will take care of her." Suddenly a group of what appear to be witches and wizards appear. Immediately they go into the kitchen and Mum.

"What are they going to do with her!?" The helpless feeling in my chest as they take her down and into a black bag grows into worry and then panic.

"Severus! SEVERUS! Don't worry! They will take her back to our parents, so that a proper funeral can be arranged. Please calm down." As she starts explaining the feelings lessen and I feel tired and shaky from it. After a few deep breaths I regained my composure.

"I'm sorry, that was irrational of me, of course they won't do anything bad with her...let's just go get everything." Silently I lead her to our rooms...

Packing only took a few seconds, magic sure is convenient. After she was done Estelle sent all of our bags to her home.

"Alright Severus, hold onto my hand, this may be a bit uncomfortable but please do not let go." I nodded my head in response, to say the least, it was quite uncomfortable.

After I'm done puking my guts out, I take more notice of our surroundings, and I'm left awe struck and the beauty of the mansion or rather castle in front of
Me.

"Welcome Severus, to Prince Manor." 

A/N: Sorry it's been so long since I've last updated, but here it finally is! Hope you enjoyed!