Family Found

"Welcome Severus, to Prince manor."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Estelle says manor she's definitely understating it. The house might as well have been a castle, from the front view you were met with a huge stone wall surrounding the property and if my senses are failing me there is quite the protection spell surrounding the entire property and it goes far above the house as well. The large iron gate had a big insignia pressed into it, I assume it to be the Prince family crest.

Oddly enough I wasn't actually knowledgeable about the Prince family, not because I wasn't curious but because I know how much mother hated to discuss her family, and her past.
She would always get a far off look in her eyes, and without fail they would always fill with unshed tears. It hurt too much to see her in such a state so I never talked or learned about them. Learning more would only fascinate me more and in turn I would eventually ask mum. So instead I just never bothered with it, I did my best to feign uninterest until it actually wasn't interesting to me anymore.

Suddenly the snake-like creatures surrounding the crest eyes, and the outline of their scales, lit up into a blinding green. They then move around in a complex manner. Finally the distinct sound of metal clicking was heard and the crest opened, next the gates themselves were opened. Estelle waited until the gates were done moving before she motioned to me.

"Alright Severus, we can enter, let's go, there are some people waiting to meet you." Estelle has a sad expression when she says this, I can only assume that she's referring to my grandparents. Who I'm sure now know of the death of their daughter and the news that she has a half-blood son, who needs a guardian.
It's hard to tell whether this meeting will be ok. On one hand all of the Prince family is notorious for being an all slytherin family and those types of purebloods were never the kind you want to be around unless you're the same. On the other hand from what little I do know about them, is that they weren't the kind to force anything on their family members, they were notorious for naturally being a Slytherin not because of blood purity but because they genuinely fit the traits of a Slytherin but they didn't take their own abilities to gain power over others.

This information gives me a sliver of hope about this meeting...but honestly I wishes I could just sleep and never wake up. This is everything I've ever hoped for but it's missing something too vital for this to be a celebration of freedom.

Mum is gone. Will they blame him like he blames himself? Or what if they ended up hating how much he looks like his father? How he holds no grace or beauty of his mother? Or what if that information was wrong? What if they do side with Voldemort? What if Estelle was lying? How do I know she's not? How could I have been so weak at that moment? I just went with her and believed her too easily...the best thing to do right now would be to just stay on guard.

I don't know what's all happening right now, to be completely honest I'm not sure if I'm even comprehending anything. I feel panic rise from my chest, It feels like an angry swarm of butterflies are trying to rip their way out of my heart. Just as it starts I feel a soft hand rest on my shoulder, instinctively I flinch. When I see who it is concerned, green eyes are looking right into my onyx ones.

"Severus, are you ok? If you don't want to do this right now we don't have to. I'll take you to a room where you can have some time to rest, and you can meet them another time." She was so sure of herself when saying this it sounded so believable, and God the yes nearly came out without thought. But no, I had to stop myself, I can't just live in this mansion without even meeting the people who lived here, also they are  family, and mum would be disappointed with my lack of manners if I didn't see them right away.