Mission: Rescue FlaMinho

CHAPTER TWO

ADELAIDE

Sit in one of the jeeps, my legs bouncing up and down rapidly as I keep my eyes peeled at the horizon. I twist my wedding ring on my finger with my thumb, my other hand gripping the crossbow tightly.

"You need to relax." Aislinn tuts beside me.

"Hmm." I nod absentmindedly, still bobbing my feet rapidly.

"Stop!" she places a hand on my knee. "You're making me nervous."

"She's making all of us nervous." Fry pipes from behind me. "If she's tensed this much... I just wanna puke."

"If you wanna puke then get the hell out of the car." Aislinn threatens the boy.

"Then tell Ally not to make me nervous." Fry snaps back.

"Don't pick up on my nervousness then." I hiss at him. "I have the freedom to be nervous. You don't take on it, if you don't like it."

"You are the most trained of us for god's sake. Why the hell are you nervous?" Harriet mutters.

"Yeah?" Frypan spreads his arm as if he'd already won the argument. And like a very matured woman, I shove my middle finger very near his vision.

Aislinn slams her hand on the steering wheel. "Shut the hell up! Both of you!" she screams.

We both fall silent. Aislinn puts her head in her hands. "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Harriet snickers lightly and Aislinn snaps, threatening everyone to keep quiet otherwise she would kick all of our asses out of the jeep.

A clashing, hard grinding sound accompanies the rare of five freight cars as they slow down and roll down to a stop. It stopped right where Vince had predicted, only half a mile away from where we had been hiding.

"Its show time, baby." Aislinn smirks and floors the accelerator.

"Thomas!" Vince yells, waving him to come over. Two jeeps race to the freight cars. Thomas slides out of the window and carefully balances on the top of the bonnet, the safety cable tightly hooked to the car.

I jump out of the car and take my position on the end of the car, with Harriet and Fiona by my side, aiming my crossbow. Thomas pounds on each metal car, yelling for Minho.

Setting his equipment down where Thomas is, Newt tosses a glance to me and sets to work.

The guards come earlier than we had anticipated. We start shooting them.

"Shit! It's gonna be close." Vince mumbles to Thomas as he too notices the reducing distance between us and the soldiers. The both of them, as planned, quickly scale the ladder on the sides and get to the top, both of them trying to set up the thick cables into the metal at the top of the freight cars.