Chapter 1

Lexi's POV
"Lexi, please come down here!" My mother yells.
I moan trudge down the stairs. I see my little brothers still in their pj's. They look at me, and the littlest one yells "SISSA! Your here! I think we're having a family what's-it called again?"
The one who yelled that is Evan(who I will mostly be calling Moose), he is 3 years old. My other one's name is Jason, who is 5.
"Look who finally decided to wake up, bed-head!" Jason yells. I glare at him.
"Says the boy who's called metal mouth at school," I snapped back. My mom walked in, with a very excited look on her face. I was hoping she was gonna say I could go to Magcon this year, but instead, I got "We're going to NYC, for vacation!" She hollers.
I wince. I look at her with a mom-I'm-right-next-to-you-look. "Sorry. I'm just excited! Anyway, get packing, we're leaving today."

I walk in to my room take out my suit case and my traveling book-bag. I put in my drawing note book, song note book, binders for school so I can do my homework on the ride. Hey, New York isn't that far from New Jersey. Plus, I won't have to make-up the work. Go me!

A little while later I finish packing my shoes, shirts, pants, and all the other clothes in the wardrobe, and throw my stuff in the trunk.
"All ready," I sigh. "How long and where are we staying?" I ask. I sit and wait for an answer.
"We are staying at a hotel for two weeks." My mom says. We get on the highway while my mom gets a call. When she gets it she screams and bursts out crying. She pulls over and hangs up. I can see her swallow the lump in her throat.
"Kids, our house is on fire."