Chapter 29

The crowd gazed up in confusion and anticipation. Standing above them was two teens, one who was the dark lord.

$$Tom, Harry, many smell of betrayal, $$ Nagini hissed. Tom smiled and pet his new snake. Harry had mentioned to Tom that he had a snake companion the other day. And as soon as Harry reminded him she was previously a horcrux, he wanted to find her. If he was willing to put a piece of his soul in the snake, she had to be something special.

A.N. some of you wanted Nagini to exist so here she is

FLASHBACK

"Hey Tom, what made you think it was a good idea to make a snake a horcrux last time?" Harry asked out of nowhere. Tom startled from his book and looked at him.

"I made a snake into a horcrux?" he asked bemusedly.

"Yeah, I told you before. Her name was Nagini. She was your pet." Tom furrowed his brow. He didn't remember much of Harry's explanation honestly, his brain was still a mess. Even so...

"An animal's soul shouldn't be able to hold a horcrux, even if it's a small one." Harry paused.

"You know, she was a bit smarter than she should've been. Nagini was able to possess a woman and ambush to kill me." Tom's eyes widened.

"I want to find her. She can't be a normal snake." Harry stared at the determined expression and shrugged.

"Death!" he sung out. The room became chilled and dark as a figure appeared out of nowhere. By now, the two were used to this.

"Yes, master?" Death asked, an array of dead souls in his palm.

"You seem busy, but could you bring back Nagini? Is it possible to do what you did with Hedwig?" Death shook his head, sort of at least.

"Nagini is not an animal soul, master." Harry's eyes widened.

"What do you mean, she isn't an animal soul?" Tom asked bravely. He had started getting more comfortable around Death if anything to save his pride from Harry's laughter.

"She is a maledictus," was their blunt reply. Harry and Tom gaped at the mention of the blood curse.

"So, she's still a human soul. I see. Well, could you send her to us?" Death bowed and disappeared. Next thing you know, a giant vicious snake was thrown into the room, hissing violently.

"Thanks death!" Harry yelled at nothing, before casting a containing charm on the thrashing snake.

$$Stay back, don't come near me,$$ the snake hissed in fright while bearing her fangs.

$$We are not here to hurt you, Nagini,$$ Tom hissed to his apparent pet from another life. Nagini's head flickered up in shock.

$$You, you can understand me?$$ she asked, her voice suddenly full of desperation.

$$Yes, we can both understand you, Nagini. We also know you're a maledictus,$$ Harry told her softly. The snake turned her beady eyes to the other boy.

$$How do you know that? I've been a snake for over longer than a few decades,$$ she hissed warily. Harry smiled.

$$We have a lot of explaining to do,$$ Harry said, before he and Tom explained some things. Nagini took it rather well, agreeing to stay with them. It was certainly better than living in a forest. Besides, Tenebris kept her company.

FLASHBACK OVER

$$Thank you, Nagini. Harry will tell them. We'll just obliviate and Imperio them back to what they were doing,$$ Tom told her. Nagini bobbed her head and slithered away, Tenebris lounging on top of her. Many of the death eaters shivered at the snake language.