The Real Life

You slowly opened your eyes to see your roof through glass. You could hear the low buzz of the Nervgear in your head as you found yourself back in your room.

Back in the real world.

You blinked before you took the headset off of you. You laid in your bed for a moment before you sat up and looked at the time. It was pretty late. You had school tomorrow, but you wanted to get one more bounty in before you went to sleep.

???: Ara ara~

Y/N: AHHHHHHHHH!

You ended up falling off your bed at the sudden appearance of your legal guardian. You hit the ground with a thump and groaned.

Y/N: Ow.

???: You should be asleep.

You looked up at the woman who was looking down at you.

???: Geez. What am I going to do with you?

 What am I going to do with you?

Y/N: Uh.....not kill me? Wait, weren't you supposed to be out with your friends or something, Miku?

The woman, Mike, just shrugged. She was your mom's friend who had taken you in after she had passed away. Though, judging by her clothes, she must've gone somewhere.

Miku: You have school tomorrow. Go to bed.

You sat up and rubbed your head.

Y/N: I was about to. Now I'm afraid you'll come in here while I sleep.

Miku: And why would I do that?

Y/N: Because you haven't had a boyfriend in almost a year and you're starting to get an itch and I'm the only guy in this house.

You felt a sharp pain on your forehead after she flicked you.

Miku: In your dreams. Go to bed.

She walked out of your room while you watched. You finally rolled your eyes and climbed back into bed. You pulled the blankets over you and closed your eyes.

Miku: Ara ara~

Y/N: AHHHHHHHH!
------------
You ended up riding your bike to school instead of walking. It hardly made a difference, but you were at least able to stop by the store to buy some snacks or something.

Though today, you just used the time to think about the night before. Sinon the sniper sent you a friend request.

That was pretty cool. Plus, she was kinda cute. Granted that could just be her avatar.

If she was even a girl.

You reached the school you attended and looked at it for a moment. SAO Reform Academy. At least, that's what you called it. "SAO" Kikan-sha Gakkō was what it was really called, but you had a hard time pronouncing it.