Safe Haven

JENNIE's POV

"Jen, are you sure you're okay to be left here alone? I mean, you can join us to Jeju if you want." Irene insisted for the fifth time. She looked upstairs, waiting for Lisa to come down. Her sad gaze then shifted on me and speak again.

"You know it shouldn't be this way Jen."

"You and Lisa need each other in times like this. It's not only her who lost her family Jen.."

"You lost them too."

"It's never wrong to acknowledge that you're also hurting and you need her presence in your life Jen-Jen."

"Although you guys have already ended your relationship,  that doesn't change the fact that she's your best friend. You need her Jen, as much as she needs you, so why do you guys keep on ignoring that." Irene said disappointedly.

"You know I can't Unnie." I uttered sadly at her.

"Lisa needs her space and I have to give her that."

" She needs a breather, away from here and away from me." I answered, avoiding her gaze, leaving Irene with no choice but to agree.

Ever since Unnie told me about the incident where she saw Lisa had her meltdown in front of her house days ago, I can't help but cry about it every night.

It's hard.

You feel so helpless cause as much as you wanted to comfort and and be there for her, you just can't.

Because deep down you know that somehow, you are part of the reason why she's hurting in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder how everything changed in just a just a blink of an eye.

We used to be so happy... and in love.

I wonder where did all of those memories have gone? Cause it feels like we're both completely different person now. Too different from the people who we used to know and love.

I heaved a deep breath and gave my cousin a forced smile.

"I'm just glad that you agreed to accompany her to Jeju Unnie."

"You know it worries me too much knowing that she will have to be away again with out anyone with her." I said sadly.

"Yeah, Jen I will not allow that either. " Irene uttered seriously.

Glad that you talked about that to Eemo and she came up with this idea. Don't worry Jen-Jen I'll take care of her for you." she agreed and flashed an encouraging smile.

"Thank you Unnie. I wouldn't know what our lives would be with out you." I mumbled gratefully but Irene just smiled and hugged me warmly.

"No need for such words. You're my family Jen and I'll do anything for you and the people that you love." she said in her most dignified tone and my eyes instantly welled up with tears. She chuckled softly and caressed my back and pulled away.

"Don't worry about us okay? We'll be back after three days. Good thing it's holiday on Monday, we'll have a long weekend."

" I'll update you from time to time. Just always take care while we're away okay?"

"I mean it Jen'Jen. Call me when something happens. We'll drop everything and go back home to you in an instant." she said seriously and I nodded with a heartfelt smile. Our moment was suddenly cut off when Lisa finally went down with her duffel bag on her right shoulder. She removed her cap on her head and meekly walked towards me.